Jurassic Coast Tour (Devon--Dorset) August 31st 2008

devonutopia

Well - Have decided that this particular date would be good for a repeat tour of the Jurassic coast. All being well, we will not have any car accidents like the last one... ;) "What post?" :D

The idea will be to leave Exmouth in Devon (The "Gateway to the Jurassic Coast") at 9am. I will arrange to meet at a nice cafe on the seafront so we can grab a good fry-up. Brekkers at 8am - 8.15am I reckon. :cool:

What we'll be doing? Well not a great deal to be honest. Quite simply, we start driving East, hugging the coastal roads wherever possible, until the day ends. Hopefully, this means making it all the way to Chesil Beach and Portland Bill for a good sunset. ;)

We'll be stopping at every single viewpoint/beach/tourist spot along the way, so expect a leisurely drive with plenty of breaks. The route will be decided at every stop, where we stop next, and it will be very relaxed indeed. Key stops along the way include

Budleigh Salterton

Sidmouth

Seaton

Lyme Regis

Charmouth

West Bay, near Bridport

Portland Bill/Weymouth

There's likely to be stops inbetween, and I thoroughly encourage local knowledge / planning to find the best places. Last time we got some cracking places to stop. :cool: Lunch and evening meals will be taken as and when people feel like it. As there's no timetable to stick to we'll just be finding somewhere that looks nice. I recommend having walkie talkies (I'll bring a pair)

Who's up for it it then?

1) devonutopia (tour guide)

Time constraints. :P Plus, seeing the sunset around 8.30/9.00pm from end of portland Bill carpark is quite nice. :thumbup:

Mr gritt - you have the same "heading home" thing as well. :P No excuse.

Time constraints. :P Plus, seeing the sunset around 8.30/9.00pm from end of portland Bill carpark is quite nice. :thumbup:

Mr gritt - you have the same "heading home" thing as well. :P No excuse.

Fairy Muff.

The only excuse i'll have is if im working abroad, so we will see... :P

we might be up for it depending if minitext is with me or not that weekend, if she is itbe a no as it wont be fair on her having to go for such a long drive.

• 2 weeks later...

:bump:

I just pulled out of going to Edition38 to do this little tour. :) Managed to double book myself but decided the tour would be a nice thing to do. TRAX is the following weekend so my show quota will be satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds a great little run,unfortunately i wont be able to come along:( but if you plan another one next summer i'll be well up for it,i love the south coast!

It'll be a little road trip for me just to get to the start point:D

Do it again and i'll be there!