Urgent help, Turbo pipe?.. i hope!

Right ive just this picked my brother up from his night shift and half way there heard a pop noise then loss of power :thumbdwn:. the car still drives just no turbo, and splutters along. I had no otption but to drive it back home as i had no phone and it was pitch black. Ive had a quick look under the bonnet not that i can see anything, but ive heard about the turbo pipes popping off just wandered if this is just that?.. and if so where would it have popped off at? its makeing a really loud sucking noise kinda like having no airbox.

Thanks

Mark,

ps

i will be out at 7am trying to fix it to get to work! :mad:

It sounds like a popped hose, check the connection to the inlet manifold and the others are down by the inner wing.

Best thing to do is trace the pipe route out, inlet manifold down to the intercooler and back up to the turbo.

Its usually a PITA i'm afraid and taking the undertray off is often the easiest way to get to it if its difficult from the top.

:iagree: - drop the undertray. Possible it's the pipe connection from the intercooler, so take a look in front of the offside wheel arch. I had this one go when I ran a std SMIC, and it was down to worn lugs where the pipes connected. I needed a new pipe.

Is your car remapped? How many miles has it done?

Steve

Right it popped off right behind the Drivers side headlight, and couldnt access it without taking the bumper off and headlight out so had i towed to the Skoda garage, they did it under warranty and apparently the Lugs on the inside of the pipe had gone? .. apparently these never go, and this is a 1st?

thanks.

Right it popped off right behind the Drivers side headlight, and couldnt access it without taking the bumper off and headlight out so had i towed to the Skoda garage, they did it under warranty and apparently the Lugs on the inside of the pipe had gone? .. apparently these never go, and this is a 1st?

thanks.

Glad you got it fixed, But I cant say its uncommon, must have been upwards of 50 people on here it has happened to, including me :D

The best way to sort it - especially if you're remapped is to replace as much of the OEM pipework as possible.

This happens always at the worst possible time - when you let someone drive the car, or are being heavy-footed. Doesn't feel or look good at all.:rolleyes:

Silicon hoses, heavy-duty pipe clamps and stainless-steel exhaust pipe bent to copy the plastic OEM stuff are the best way to go. see http://briskoda.net/forums/fabia/boost-clip-pop-probs-solid-solution/100494/

Another contribution to the "pop-off" syndrome is the oil that is recirculated from the crankcase into the IC and piping, lubricating the joints. To stop that see: http://briskoda.net/forums/technical-guides/diy-guide-elephant-hose-ccv-catch-can-mod/111546/

HTH

Bas