Hammerite green paint

Hi Guys,

Looking to paint my calipers, and see from searching on here that Hammerite smooth green seems to be the popular choice.

I've searched around in the local B&Q and can only see Hammerite smooth "Dark" Green is this the correct one, or is there actually one called smooth green.

Being a tight yorkshireman I don't want to buy the wrong one !.

Cheers,

Alan

• 7 months later...
I used a spray can ages ago, nice results.

Xaviersbrakes2.jpg

Even works on engines ;)

DSC01166.jpg

Red worked well

100_0204.jpg

Gone black for the latest set though

100_0799.jpg

ah, so its best to do all over them then, ie both parts and not just the front caliper part you see from through the alloy wheel?

I cant for the life of me remember which hammerite I used, it was some green, not sure if it was smooth or dark now :o

I did the calipers with a paint brush, as at the time I did it (years ago) I did not realise there was a spray available :D

Still, as I let the paint dry properly and harden for ages, I think it has done well :)

I had to buy a new (genuine) rear brake caliper a few months ago. Bought a fe wpots of smooth green on Ebay, as i was going to paint all my calipers and carriers...

Anyway, thought i may as well paint the carrier to go with the new caliper before fitting. Bloody good match. Very very slightly different if you want to be anal about it, but a good enough match for me :) Just need to get me finger out and do the other 3 corners...