Eibach suspension for Roomster

Damn

That's just not fair as I currently have no money. However it does say the dampers are discontinued :( which is a shame as the Pro kit is much more effective with the dampers (Or as the Pro System)

You will need the front bits from a Fabia 2 and the rear from a Golf 4 (Which will have similar loading specs.

Edited by Decron

• 2 weeks later...

Well ......

Thanks to Andy and Sarah at Awesome for the mahoosive discount at the detailed show this weekend. I am now the proud owner of a Neuspeed 25mm adjustable RARB (the 28mm may have been just a little to stiff for the vroomster **) and a set of soon to be fitted Eibach springs.

I am back in Germany working at the moment, but will fitting the RARB on Friday when I get back and will get photo's up asap.

Awesome had 20% off all neuspeed items this weekend which brought the RARB down into whiteline pricing territory. So let's see how it fit's and performs.

More details to follow :D

**Vroomster is copyright of Decron Roomster Improvement Program

Well ......

Thanks to Andy and Sarah at Awesome for the mahoosive discount at the detailed show this weekend. I am now the proud owner of a Neuspeed 25mm adjustable RARB (the 28mm may have been just a little to stiff for the vroomster **) and a set of soon to be fitted Eibach springs.

I am back in Germany working at the moment, but will fitting the RARB on Friday when I get back and will get photo's up asap.

Awesome had 20% off all neuspeed items this weekend which brought the RARB down into whiteline pricing territory. So let's see how it fit's and performs.

The Neuspeed one looks a much better piece of kit thatn the whiteline, but they are not cheap to start with!

The Neuspeed one looks a much better piece of kit thatn the whiteline, but they are not cheap to start with!

I know mate, I was trawling around for a used eibach or neuspeed and then read the post about 20% off this weekend which made the neuspeed more palatable.

Having had loads of neuspeed bits on the old vRS and on first impressions on cracking the box open it really is a quality peice of kit.

I may just stick it on the mantlepeice and chuck the mrs's arty bit's out :)

Do you know , they really ARE that nice to look at

Shame they have to be hidden though ;)

But hey Tony

Enjoy Germany (I think that is what you said?)

I am sure it will be the first job when you get home , to fit the Rear ARB

Take care , yes well done on some cracking bargains there

Sarah

Do you know , they really ARE that nice to look at

Shame they have to be hidden though ;)

But hey Tony

Enjoy Germany (I think that is what you said?)

I am sure it will be the first job when you get home , to fit the Rear ARB

Take care , yes well done on some cracking bargains there

Sarah

Good bargains, but I only got round to telling the wife today .......... I really can not stress how much poop I am in when I get back on Friday from Germany. She even told me to get the train back from the airport as she won't collect me ...... yikes.

I noticed the same. A lowering kit is nice, but a car handles so much better with added shock absorbers.

What .... you need EXTRA shock absorbers ..... were do they mount then :D

Just under the wallet...

Sad .... but true :D It's done after this, well maybe after investigating options for buying FSD's seperately, but that will have to wait until next year

Well ......

Bugger - could have saved me some money for new tyres:O

Well, it handles magnificently now.

I fitted the Neuspeed ARB tonight, and once I packed up and took some photo's I went roundabout surfing around the local area here (plenty of newly shellgripped islands and not much traffic)

With the neuspeed on medium body roll was minimal, in fact it cornered as flat as witches boobie. Fit is good and it took 45 minutes to do the job.

Tomorrow, I am going to move it to the hard setting just for a play, but I reckon that with this on medium and the springs fitted it will be nigh on perfect and is starting to become a little bit of a sleeper :)

BILD0311.jpg

BILD0310.jpg

BILD0309.jpg

BILD0308.jpg

BILD0312.jpg

If your going to put it on stiffest setting,just make sure it's not wet.;):thumbup:

Good point :D I did that on the Octy and it became a bit of a handfull at time's so it went back to medium. I think I will save my time, leave it on medium and wait for Sarah to tell me the boingy bit's are here

Guest parsko

This looks a really neat solution, and the quality of the bar and links look like the best fit for a Rooscout. Any chance of some close up shots of the four mounting points please?

This looks a really neat solution, and the quality of the bar and links look like the best fit for a Rooscout. Any chance of some close up shots of the four mounting points please?

If your ok with shots from a mobile phone mate, I will take some and post them up

Those rose jointed drop links look top notch; far better than whiteline's.