Castle Combe Trackday

TaviaRS

Guys,

Any interest in a day at Castle Combe? The nice people on www.scoobyzone.co.uk have got a day arranged for 16th August (yes, it is a Monday) and have 8 spare places.

I know some of them from the Ring and they are really nice guys. So, if you are interested and can pay ASAP, please take a look at http://www.scoobyzone.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4318&highlight= . You will need to register on the forum to be able to view the thread. Once done PM Tracey to get payment details from her.

Jon

I have a Octavia Vrs estate that I use to tow my MegaBusa track car.

I was due to do a trackday at Llandow on Thursay so because of the weather forcast I went to fit my new wets to the Megabusa and found that I had the wrong wheel nuts so was forced to either run the Busa with Slicks in the rain, not go or drive the Octy.

Guess what I did :-)

Got to the track and there was not a whiff of rain all day :-(

First two hours were a great laugh because I have never driven a front wheel drive car on track before. Then I just got frustrated because with just a whiff of throttle it understeered from apex to exit.

But on the handling front it was quite interesting, the factory have obviously set it up for people who can't drive. The only way to loosen the back end was big trail braking with and aggressive steering input.

Passenger side front tyre was trying to roll itself off the rim and had to swap front back or it would have been though to canvas by lunchtime.

I think if you have not done a track day before it is an easy car to drive as it has very benign handling. If you have done lots of trackday's in rear wheel drive stuff you might be a bit frustrated by the handling.

That said I think I could have surprised a few track novices in fancier kit in my lumbering barge :)

Oh the other thing is it is impossible to drive quickly on track with the ASR on :)

Cheers

Bazzer

as I'm not sure on my licence front at the moment I can't come to race but I'd try get there to support the skoda's

edited to say:

I wil be off my ban by then so I will pop along to show some support, would love to give it a go on the track but I haven't got the funds to stretch that far.