Alton Towers, anyone fancy it?

tavia4x4

Watching a program on thrill rides last night reminded me I have not been to Alton Towers in a while...

Being blessed with a partner that hates rollercoasters, and kids that are too young to really enjoy ATowers yet, wondered if anyone fancied a Briskoda day out?

All welcome, families \ kids etc if they pass the minimum height :)

Just post interest here, then will look at dates \ group booking discounts etc.

:cheers:

UPDATE:

okay, looking at september, it's "standard rate" at weekends or "off peak" in the week.

A weekday will be quieter (have the park to ourselves most likely!) but you will need to book a day off work, so down to you guys. I'm happy to have a day off to take advantage of a quieter park (not to mention cheaper tickets)

Adult Prices:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alton Towers sounds like fun and it is only about 10 mins up the road from me :thumbup:

I think the best time to go as Dr Z says is mid to end of Sept or October.

1) Tavia4x4 - Ian

2) Dr Zoidberg

3)Alex - Alex :rolleyes:

I'm a tad curious about the whole theme park thing, having done Ligh****er Valley about 12 years ago, and avoided anything more taxing than the Log Flume....ahem.....

I too would prefer a weekday (time off currently not a problem) after the schools have gone back, but before September 30th (my holiday year runs out!!)

1) Tavia4x4 - Ian

2) Dr Zoidberg

3)Alex - Alex

4)Javaman - Joe (92.38% certain... :rolleyes: )

Alton Towers is well worth a visit. I was there about a month or so back and had a cracking time. It was nice and quiet so the longest wait was 20 minutes for Nemesis.

Oblivion only had a 10 minute queue so I did my usual half a dozen rides on that one. :)

Strangest moment of the day was on Air when the row of 4 people in front of us all started singing "Badger , badger , badger" as the ride pulled away.

Not been in ages, nemesis was the newest ride when I last went!

Not done Oblivion, or Air, really really fancy Air...

Is a great place, can remember when the corkscrew was *the* ride of the place.... getting old!!

Not been in ages' date=' nemesis was the newest ride when I last went!

Not done Oblivion, or Air, really really fancy Air...

Is a great place, can remember when the corkscrew was *the* ride of the place.... getting old!![/quote']

Air is very good but doesn't really have the huge WOW!! that oblivion does.

The first time I went the corkscrew was fairly new along with the black hole , flying carpet , and pirate ship.

Only two of those remain although the pirate ship did get remade and moved up near Nemesis where the thunder looper used to be.

Air is very good but doesn't really have the huge WOW!! that oblivion does.

The first time I went the corkscrew was fairly new along with the black hole ' date=' flying carpet , and pirate ship.

Only two of those remain although the pirate ship did get remade and moved up near Nemesis where the thunder looper used to be.[/quote']

The good old days :thumbup: . Remember the first time I went on the Black hole. :eek:

I miss the Thunder Looper :thumbdwn:

The only explanation of why Thunder Looper was removed was because of noise levels as it was above the tree line.

Don't know if that was true but I couldn't see any mention of accidents.

I'm up for it, if I can get off work, or if it's any time in the week commencing 20th September as I'm on hols that week.

1) Tavia4x4 - Ian

2) Dr Zoidberg

3)Alex - Alex

4)Javaman - Joe (92.38% certain... :rolleyes: )

5WRCSixtyThree - Dan

Well last time I went, I had the luxury of staying at the hotel "Work Tem Building Thingy"....

You get privelidged access for the 1st hour into the park so we got to do all the main ones a few times...

Count me in..

Cheers.... :thumbup:

Tim