Doksy CZ 12-14 September 2008

dieseldarren

Have been the last two years to the September Doksy meets and have really enjoyed them but there is no trip organised this year :( , with a bit of luck there will be one next :thumbup:

Have been the last two years to the September Doksy meets and have really enjoyed them but there is no trip organised this year :( , with a bit of luck there will be one next :thumbup:

Who's organising it? (i'm not volunteering :D) I already have a co-driver sorted :rolleyes:

I will defo be on for next year as before I didnt go because I was waiting for my car. Now I have 2 Skoda's so no excuse now:D

I was at Doksy last weekend swimming in the lake. Its a really nice area of Czech but I can imagine its mayhem when the skoda meet is on.

I also hired a quad for a couple of hours and tried to find my way to the airfield at Mimon off road style. I didnt quite make it as far as the airfield I got side tracked in a quary on the way:rofl:

I know Petr on here drives to Czech regulary and hopefully he would join the trip and may have something new to add?

Can I just add, I know Steve (Makefish) organised the last couple of Cz trips and theres a massive amount of work to do to get these trips to run somoothly. So hats off to him (and anyone else that organisers events/group buys) and I for one appreciate all the hard work.

I would be happy to help in as much detail as requested with anything to do with a Cz trip inclusing translating, communicating in Czech with any hotels, car parks, events etc, also some of the leg work finding suitable places on the internet.

I would like to offer as much help as anyone may want. I dont think it would be fair on the group if I took the lead role in organising because my schedule will be different and while I will travel with the group and join in with everything planned I will extend my stay and wont be travelling back with the group. I may even be staying in different accomodtaion for some of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

The main cost is fuel, petrol boys will be burning gallons of the stuff, especially if going to Mimon (check out Youtube for the videos, search Briskoda)

Hotel for last year was £135, which included a sticker for the car and a tour t-shirt.

IIRC I took about £200 and was running low on funds towards the end, so for next year I'd allow about £200 per person if sharing the costs or £500 if going solo to make sure you can fully enjoy yourself and not have to worry.

For CZ 2009, allow £500 as an all-in cost - This could vary depending on car's fuel economy / people's capacity for alcohol & food / people's capacity for strippers or more :naughty:

For me it went something like

Hotel : £135

Ferry : £35

5 tanks of fuel : £180

Alcohol & Food: £120

Misc/souvenirs/tours: £50

I have also decided that my £120 food & booze budget was probably a bit OTT, more like £100. Food is good value for money out there, and beers work out around 50p each in places - £1 each at worst in Prague centre.

For CZ 2009, allow £500 as an all-in cost - This could vary depending on car's fuel economy / people's capacity for alcohol & food / people's capacity for strippers or more :naughty:

For me it went something like

Hotel : £135

Ferry : £35

5 tanks of fuel : £180

Alcohol & Food: £120

Misc/souvenirs/tours: £50

Your cars diesel though, and did you use the propane tank too? I think I used about 6 or 7 tanks of fuel in total, Mimon and maxing out on the autobahn didn't help, but was worth it :D

In all seriousness you don't need a satnav TBH.

A co-driver who has reasonable map reading skills and a half decent map will suffice. Failing that just follow everyone else when going into built up Prague :D

Or, in Tiggers case, don't follow everyone else and arrive 2 hours later after a very thorough tour of downtown Prague :rofl::rofl:

A co-driver who has reasonable map reading skills and a half decent map will suffice. Failing that just follow everyone else when going into built up Prague :D

sinister + map = Help we lost :rofl:

I seriously recommend a europe satnav, mainly for in CZ, not necessarily the way there which basically involves about 3 different roads all the way from dunkerque to Prague. :thumbup:

For two people? Well, I would say save up £800 at least as you'll be combining fuel and ferry costs. Everything other cost is more on an individual basis.