Superb PD130 - first thoughts

The Superb finally arrived this lunchtime :D

The Passat had gone 5 minutes when the Superb pulled up on the drive to its new home.

So out went the Passat:

eba00449957f00000001.jpgeba00449957f00000005.jpg

and in came the Superb :D

eba00449957f00000006.jpgeba00449957f00000007.jpg

eba00449957f00000008.jpgeba00449957f00000009.jpg

The interior actually feels up market from the Passat - maybe not the seats, but from the drivers seat the view is good. Love the dials and the Maxi-Dot display shows even more than the Passat.

I can tell the car is longer when driving over speed bumps on my street, the rear wheels hitting just after I expect. Definately a smoother ride too. Noise from the diesel lump wasn't that bad either. It will take time to get used to the power delivery though!

The handbrake is a bit further to the left than it is in the Passat, though there are a lot of very familiar buttons/switches to hand.

The car looks superb (pardon the pun) from the side when catching the side reflection in a big window. The wheels definately seem to make the car.

The best fuel consumption I ever got in the Passat in 3 and a bit years and 61,000 miles was just over 40 - and that was a 40 mile round trip driving as timidly as possible. I've been averaging that already this afternoon driving around town!

Very impressed - want to get out in the car again - in fact I am!

Shame the I couldn't pick the car up myself, as by the time it had got to me in this crap weather, it was mucky. I can see I'll have my work cut out keeping it clean!!

I love the superb - bloody cracking motor. I drove one with the 130 engine in before I ordered the Furby as it was the car with that engine that the dealer had.

When It comes to car change time the Superb and Octy will be a hard choice as I won't be getting another furby.

It looks a damn sight better than the Passat too! Very impressive. Is it in Elegance trim?

Definately looks better than the Passat - put those pics in for comparison. :D Was hoping the cars would be there together for some comparison of the Superb and the car it was based on.

It's Comfort trim, though I had the 17 inch "solid" alloys as extras. THhink the only way you can tell from outside that it's not an Elegance, is the lack of chrome.

Took the kids out for a spin in it, and they love it. Especially the regal amount of space they now have!

Hmmm - we must need some milk - ah well - off to the shop :D :D

The words your kids need to get to grips with is Limousine. When they question you, just show them the handbook...thats what it will say.

Looks very nice, and the comparison is very favourable to the Superb, especially the roof line which makes the Passat look very "spherical"

For the first time in ages, I'm glad I've got to travel somewhere with work in the car tomorrow. :D Only an 80 mile round trip though. I've not told the peeps at work yet that the car has come, so the badge snobs should get a shock! Paranoid I'm going to crash the car or scrape those alloys :eek:

The qualtiy of the material on the seats definately seems poorer quality than the Passat, though that doesn't detract from the overall package. The car also has a full size foot rest - the Passat only had a half size job, which was a waste of space.

Not sussed the cruise control out yet - are the wipers supposed to come on if it rains? Is there a particular setting for this - suppose I need to get the manual out. Like the reversing sensors too - keeps the kids amused for a couple of seconds!

I am amazed that more people don't go for these cars. Keeps them more exclusive to us lot though :)

Maybe a 2.0 TDI Superb Estate next time around ;):)

I would probably agree on the seat covering quality, but seems ok so far.

The wipers are rain sensitive, if on the first click up. You can also adjust their sensitivity, but remember that you must reselect the sensor position every time you release the ignition.

We never use the constant settings, and just use the sensor position all the time.