Joint Briskoda & SeatCupra meet in or around the Sheffield area?

T. Spark

Hello :wave:

Just a quick feeler for a joint Briskoda and SCN meet in the future? Noticed you had a meet on sunday aswell! As we did at Clumber Park (BBQ FTW)

How many people/cars normally attend meets in this area?

We have meets (pretty much a monthly basis) and like yesturdays attract cars from further afield aswell.

Today we had around 10 cars with around 15+ people in total, id imagine like ourselves you have a regular bunch then a not so regular bunch!

Anyway, just throwing it out there as it seems a shame this couldnt be done earlier, and even got you guys to join us for the BBQ today would have been a great site of 20+ VAG cars :)

So think anyone on here would be interesting in a joint meet with your Spanish cousins?

hi. Im always up for a meet, I have been the only octy at a previous seat meet, and was made to feel welcome. Like you said, you get the regulars, the occasionals and the no shows. But everyone you meet is friendly and have some fantastic cars. Just organise a time and venue and I will be there. Should be good to show you guys our superior cars lol. Cheers, damo

our superior cars lol.

:stupid:

You better have more than a remap on that heavy diesel to keep up ;)

Oh and someone best turn up the boost to max. if they want to join in the fun :D

Anyway, yeah sounds like a plan. Would you guys be up for a pub meet? Go for a bite to eat and a few bevvies?

:stupid:

You better have more than a remap on that heavy diesel to keep up ;)

I was actually only joking mate. As for keeping up, i dont think so as mine is only standard power...for now anyway

Great idea :thumbup:

I would come along too. What a shame we couldnt arrange a joint BBQ, I doubt we will see another perfect day for it like yesterday :cool:

You can count me & the mrs in for a joint meet...... I still go to the odd uk-polos.net meet in the vRS...... In fact come to think of it..... I've only ever been to uk-polos.net meets in the vRS!!!! :D

Cheers

Dave.

I was actually only joking mate. As for keeping up, i dont think so as mine is only standard power...for now anyway

I was also joking boss - I own a diesel aswell :D FTW!

I good friend of mine has the vRS Fabia (same engine etc as mine) and its alot better built than mine! haha! Seat seemed to have losted they way IMHO, whilst the MK1 octy was great, the MK2 also looks bloody good! If I was in need of a 5 door id be tempted to move as the MK2 Leon is sportyish but the Octy looks the part if that makes sense!

Anyway, noticed on the last thread a few people not sure about distance? Is that normally a problem for meets on here? As we change meeting places regular, from Rotherham to Sheffield, down to Chesterfield or even Huddersfield!

I was also joking boss - I own a diesel aswell :D FTW!

Thank god for that...

For a minute there I thought I had offended you, which I never intended :o

As for distance, most people who attend the meets dont mind a bit of travelling, and the Old Post office has been used a few times as its a great venue for a meet :thumbup:

Cheers

Damian :)

Ohh infact I have been there I think, just off M1 hudds way?

Thats the one, just at the side of M1 Northbound J38. Big car park and not usually too busy

I'll keep my eyes on the dates you pick.

BTW don't forget that the Skoda Klub Of Doncaster And Scunthorpe

are having a run out from Farmhouse Scunthorpe 10am

to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park approx 1115 on Sun 3 Aug

that's just a mile or so from Post Office pub

I'll be there in my IHI powered leon cupra. Sundays seen to be the day on SCN but id prefer saturday nights as i work on sun nights.

Edited by Caveo

Ill be up for it but im on Holiday for two weeks from the 8th of Sept so thats a spanner in the works for my possible attendance

Another spanner in the works, i can make it as long as its before the 24th September as i'm off on my jollies for 2 weeks after then.