Edd China.

bigal rallyred

What are peoples opinions of Edd. I don't mean his personality but his mechanics skill, he looks like he knows what he's doing but not be in the profession I may be easily fooled.

I also Googled it but still can't find an answer, how tall is he? Mike Brewer isn't short but looks tiny standing next to him and cars look comical when he's behind the wheel.

Some of the things he does is debatable, did you see the wheeler dealers i think it was when he done up the suzuki sultana with raised suspension etc, they 'prepared' it and painted it black, went for its MOT and the tester found holes the size of my feet in it. eventually made a huge loss on the car, any mech worth his salt wouldnt have bothered sending it to test until it was ready, and I cant believe he missed all that.

Another shady one is Jock's garage in Spain, on the discovery channel. Some questionable work going on in there when I have watched it.

Having watched them do Wheeler Dealers Live last year at the classic car show, Edd came across as a competent hobbiest with some knowledge/skill and Mike Brewer came across as a bit of a greasy nob to be honest. I think half of that conclusion is drawn as he had his TV persona on full pelt. :rolleyes:

MPM :)

What are peoples opinions of Edd. I don't mean his personality but his mechanics skill, he looks like he knows what he's doing but not be in the profession I may be easily fooled.

I also Googled it but still can't find an answer, how tall is he? Mike Brewer isn't short but looks tiny standing next to him and cars look comical when he's behind the wheel.

Do you fancy him?

Do you fancy him?

Not really sure what to make of that comment to be fair.

What would make you think that from the O.P?

I like to watch Wheeler Dealers and Autotrader and I actually think they both come across well, different types of guys but they seem genuine well as much as you can on television.

I mostly wanted to know what mechanic types on here thought of Edd's skills and knowledge.

i know that they have a team of people in the background but he does have an engineering background.

Liking a program and presenters doesn't automatically make me a homosexual!

Not really sure what to make of that comment to be fair.

What would make you think that from the O.P?

I like to watch Wheeler Dealers and Autotrader and I actually think they both come across well, different types of guys but they seem genuine well as much as you can on television.

I mostly wanted to know what mechanic types on here thought of Edd's skills and knowledge.

i know that they have a team of people in the background but he does have an engineering background.

Liking a program and presenters doesn't automatically make me a homosexual!

I think you need a sense of humour;)

There is some stuff on Wikipedia about him but not much - he must be fairly competent based on his skip and sofa cars.

Nothing wrong with being homosexual.

I think you need a sense of humour;)

There is some stuff on Wikipedia about him but not much - he must be fairly competent based on his skip and sofa cars.

Nothing wrong with being homosexual.

I thought you were confusing me with Big Gay Al from Southpark!:rofl:

I do have a sense of humour the comment just came out of nowhere really.

I also know there's nothing wrong with being a homosexual but just not my bag and don't think my wife would like the idea of that type of company in the bedroom.

I also know there's nothing wrong with being a homosexual but just not my bag and don't think my wife would like the idea of that type of company in the bedroom.

ISTR him being interviewed about the idea of the motorised bed and commenting that "girls weren't too keen when he asked them to get in". Ok, he could have been bearding, but it strikes me as a drawback!!