Aquapel type treatment.

cheezemonkhai

Bought two from ebay with high hopes. Followed the instructions and had about two weeks of reasonable performance before it wore off and now it just makes a mess. Feel like I wasted my money.

I wonder, could it have been fake? - or a bit of rainx poured into an aquapel tube?

Edited by anewman

I wonder, could it have been fake? - or a bit of rainx poured into an aquapel tube?

No, it was genuine. It's like a glass tube built inside an applicator and it stank. I still have the second which I may just use on my parents conservatory. It's not a patch on PIAA wipers.

Mine was still working just fine from september last year until i had a new screen a few weeks back.

I'd suggest you need to clean your wipers with vinegar or put new blades on.

Did this on application, even got the genuine blades. It first went in the middle of the screen where both wipers contact so it's worn off. The stuff is cack compared to silicon wipers which is what would have been fitted if they made an aero version.

No, it was genuine. It's like a glass tube built inside an applicator and it stank. I still have the second which I may just use on my parents conservatory. It's not a patch on PIAA wipers.

Stank, I've never had one that had any smell. Very random.

I dislike the silicon wipers because they leave silicon on the screen and in a very light drizzle or in fog, that can make a single wipe smear all over and mean you have to use your washers all the time.

Did this on application, even got the genuine blades. It first went in the middle of the screen where both wipers contact so it's worn off. The stuff is cack compared to silicon wipers which is what would have been fitted if they made an aero version.

I found that after about 6 months there was a mark where the wipers meet, but that this actually was beading faster than the rest of the screen. It seemed to me that an amount had been deposited there.

For anyone that can't get hold of Aquapel this kit from Lidl is on offer and is pretty good for the money. Certainly cheaper than importing Aquapel in small amounts and much easier than organising a GB: :thumbup:

Lidl Online

Either it's expired, or that link is just the generic home page link. What is "this kit" called in Lidl-speak, and I'll do a search?

Either it's expired, or that link is just the generic home page link. What is "this kit" called in Lidl-speak, and I'll do a search?

I think Lidl tend to work on an "Offers of the Week" basis, so any link will unfortunately soon be out of date.

The original post was 11/08, so you may still find some stock in your local Lidl if you're quick, even though its not current on the website.

It was a glass clean / protect kit IIRC, that appeared to offer similar benefits to Rain-X or Aquapel.

Ever tried Ombrello? :) Those who've tried both reckon Aquapel is similar, but only lasts 1/3 to 1/2 as long...

Here's the Lidl kit - I got three. Not expecting them to be all that great, but for a fiver a time, worth a try.

23675.attach

23676.attach

• 1 month later...