Wheelie Bin story of the week

Loz

I'm just waiting 'til my back goes out from having to shift our fortnightly 50l glass / tin recycling boxes - they don't half get heavy. :( Then I'll be right on to the council for some payback on behalf of all the above! :mad:

So the Daily Snail hasn't worked out just how much cr@p these people must be generating then!? :mad:

I live alone, but based on the rate it fills up at if I'm away on bin day, so it has to handle a complete month's rubbish, my bin would handle about 3 months without overflowing!!

we're a family of 4 and can only afford to miss 1 bin collection otherwise it's overflowing and thats using all the recycling bins provided. But I'm not complaining as our bin men are good bunch of guys and are approachable should we need to throw out things that won't fit in the bin.

stop reading the mail, its full of ****

I'm sorry, I forgot that it's up to everyone else what I choose to read :rolleyes:

Personally I think the Sun is the one full of rubbish!

Anyway, this is a thread about Wheelie Bins, not my taste in lunchtime reading!

Personally I can fill the bin in a couple of months or a couple of days dependant upon what I am doing.

However, the matter remains that over zealous Hitler style council officials are not serving the public (this is their job by the way). Does it really make any difference if a few bins are slightly over full, no.

As for people producing too much, personally I produce very little, after all I dont have a plastic factory, it mostly comes down to packaging.

In america where local democracy actually works the matter would be swiftly sorted by the sacking of the town councils. However, our ever powerful non elected council officials carry on in their pointless empire building isolated from the what the public want.

I'm sorry, I forgot that it's up to everyone else what I choose to read :rolleyes:

It is possible that more than one newspaper is full of tat........ ;)

I think it's fair to comment that the Daily Mail is of a certain 'leaning' considering all of the links in your original post are from said rag.

You might ask why they're wasting column inches on nonsense like this and not reporting on 'more important' stories :D

Exactly. Why do we pay council tax? That poor woman that was told to drag her bin half a mile down a hill for it to be emptied - she pays up just like everyone else. It's ridiculous.

It's up to you what you choose to read, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion about its quality.

Yes, but that doesn't mean the Daily Snail isn't full of rubbish too! ;)

Agreed.

In america where local democracy actually works the matter would be swiftly sorted by the sacking of the town councils. However, our ever powerful non elected council officials carry on in their pointless empire building isolated from the what the public want.

Doesn't your scenario above basically come down to the fact that the councillors that are elected by us aren't doing an effective enough job?

I'm not in the know, but I would find it hard to belive that an entire town council could be 'sacked.' Happy to be proved wrong though.

We still have the weekly collections in Ashford. We don't have wheely bins, just the black bags and they do a round every 3 weeks and get all our recycling apart from plastic.

Just us two generate about a bag of rubbish a week and the rest is recycled, most of the waste we genarate is plastic and cat litter and poop. :D

You can still throw out as much as you like though, the binmen just take it.

We have 2 Bokashi Binsfor the kitchen food waste:

http://www.greengardener.co.uk/bokashi.htm

It's up to you what you choose to read, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion about its quality.

You may or may not have noticed I quote the person who told me to 'stop reading the mail' :rolleyes:

It's only news articles, what does it matter? I've never read anything on there that has been reported significantly differently anywhere else.

Edited by Loz

You may or may not have noticed I quote the parson who told me to 'stop reading the mail' :rolleyes:

I hadn't noticed that you'd explicitly quoted them, or indeed that they'd taken holy orders! ;) That said, I was agreeing with you that you have a right to read whatever you like, even if it is a piece of middle class, right wing, little Englander , and I therefore wish you wouldn't.

It's only news articles, what does it matter? I've never read anything on there that has been reported significantly differently anywhere else.

That's what worries me; not that newspapers have a political bias, but when people don't realise the fact, and doubly so when they all have the same one. If you can find a political story in the Snail ;) , try reading the same one in the "Grauniad", and see if you see what I mean, ok?

I know they have 'political bias' but I only read it for 20 mins and I don't see it makes all that much difference.

Example - that Fritzl dude locks his daughter in the cellar for x amount of years - true or not true? reported differently on BBC news? Nope.

Anyway, my political views are not only private, but entirely up to me, now back to the f*cking bins for f*cks sake!