Trax 2008 07/09/07 Discussion Thread

devonutopia

Leaving Exeter @ 4 and hoping for a good smooth journey and arrival around 7.

Im following:D

not looking forward to waking up!! early early early night before!!

herd the weathers not going to be fun though:(

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds fine. I should be at Jnc 9, where the M40 and the A34 meet at 0720, if I leave at 0600.

I presume we're then travelling on the more 'rural' route to the circuit, as per last year?

Steve

Oh yes, don't worry about that :thumbup:

Just thinking about the 2-way idea. What range units do you think? Or what do you have? I see the standard cheaper units have a 3Km range, rising to 5Km and then 8Km as they get more expensive.

Steve

Oh yes, don't worry about that :thumbup:

Just thinking about the 2-way idea. What range units do you think? Or what do you have? I see the standard cheaper units have a 3Km range, rising to 5Km and then 8Km as they get more expensive.

Steve

mine is what was technocally advanced at the time, 3km range, wouldnt mind the 8km ones :thumbup:

Hoping to arrive around 9am as we are staying in Milton Keynes Saturday night.

I assume we go in the Main Entrance when we get to Silverstone.

Yep - although by 9am you will be battling with Joe Public to get in, so I really really recommend you aim for an 8am arrival. That extra hour could cost an hour in traffic jams.

Someone's keen! :rofl:

The idea for the stand by the way is to keep cars together colour coded, and preferably keep silver/black close to each other, with other cars in groups of whatever. :)

i can i please not be put beside the other red fabia's?

i have a complex :rofl:

Is anyone going to Trax and then coming down to the meet in Marlborough the following week?

If they are could they bring the Briskoda Banner etc. with them

TIA

Rob

I think I might be able to help.;)

just an idea, how about have at the front all different makes e.g. ambient, classic, sport, vrs, wrc etc and then have them going back in different colours too?

ok ill grab my coat as i dont think many will agree to that.

just an idea, how about have at the front all different makes e.g. ambient, classic, sport, vrs, wrc etc and then have them going back in different colours too?

ok ill grab my coat as i dont think many will agree to that.

Could be a bit awkward with those who are going on the track getting blocked in, as per last year.

Like the idea, but why not keep two lanes at one side of the stand just for those going on the track, and they can park back there after the session, that way everyone who is not tracking can park, and leave their car knowing that they will not get called back to move it?

Still a bit worried if we are going to be on the grass again, as it will churn up and become a mud bath.

Its raining in that area at the moment with more to come over Saturday and showers for Sunday.

Should just be showers. The weather in the westcountry is excellent for sunday, so I am really hoping the weather comes through a little faster than normal and the good weather reaches silverstone by the time of the track session. :)

Still no news on the stand, and unlikely to now - but as long as a degree of common sense is used, we should be fine. :cool:

EDIT: New news! I will be running with methanol in the W/M kit finally! :cool: Nice first test for it - a little blat around silverstone! :thumbup:

Edited by devonutopia