Tailgate struts

cambrian_coasts last topic has just reminded me about sumthin that has been bugging me for a while,

does anyone else find that their boot seems to slam shut far to easy as if it is too heavy for the gas struts?

im fine with it because ive got used to just dropping it gently down, but every other ****er who uses my boot seems 2 just let it drop and slam,

its starting to get on my tits:mad:

Probably worth changing them. They do seep a little around the seals which weakens them.

Not expensive to buy and quite simple to change, just remember to prop the tailgate first.

Mines an estate and it does seem to drop too easily. But it has done ever since the struts were replaced under warranty. Before that it used to wait until you reached into the boot then it would try and clobber you on the back of the head in a sneaky fashion.

people that dont use the pull strap on the boot also need shinning!

I hate seeing cars with finger prints in the dirt on the back...... the dirt should have been washed away, and then the car polished :rolleyes:

Mines under quite a bit of resistance until about halfway then it will fall quite freely.

Same here.

people that dont use the pull strap on the boot also need shinning!

I tend to use the really big handle on top the boot lid but I think this is only fitted to O.A.P.'s cars. :)