Standard fabia VRS on track

yegnold

On the road it always feels like the power drops off after 3500rpm, although I understand this may be an illusion :)

I replaced my filter with a standard paper filter and this sorted the revving situation. on a new filter it revedd over 4000 rpm and still pulled upto that point, I believe peak power is at 4000rpm, just the torque drops off so you don't feel such urge whcih makes you feel like it pulls hard....keep an eye on the speedo and you will see you still accelerate well at this rev range. It will suddenly drop off when you hit a point. Possibly the rev limiter lol

I am thinking about a drive around a track too. not sure whether I need to buy insurance etc and the costs so when you have been let me know as I'd prefer a track day in my car than a special car that I can only drive for 4 laps and don't benefit from the experience.

Hoep it goes well.

The only thing I noticed from driving mine HARD round Don Palmer's little track at Brunters was that the rear suspension started to squeak. Brakes coped fine at the time, although I have managed to get them to fade after about 8 or 10 60-5mph stops when burning the cack off recently (different pads / discs, but OEM calipers). I did absolutely annihilate a nearly-new set of Pirellis on the Bruntingthorper, er 'high traction' surface, though! Admittedly, most of the damage to the tyres was done before I really knew what I was doing (Understeer City in the bends), so if you're only planning to push to 95% or so, this shouldn't be a concern.

And while the torque tails off above 3.5k or so on the standard map, the power's still there right up to near the redline as others ahve already said, so there's no reason to short-shift if you don't want to!!!

On the road it always feels like the power drops off after 3500rpm, although I understand this may be an illusion :)

That's odd; the 110 doesn't start dropping off until the governer starts cutting in, which is about 4_200.

Forgot to also ask; is it worth me spending the money and upgrading to 312mm front brakes?

I would say so, after the Blyton Blast day out my standard Furby managed 7-8 "Hot" laps (Hey, they have to be hot if Gary's in the car with you :rofl:) and the brakes were pretty much useless after that ;)

One of the maint things I'm changing next after that experience, I will say this though - You'll have a bloody good time :thumbup: