Hello from new Fabia Sport owner!

repoman84

How different would you say the performance is compared to your previous Octavia 1.6?

Was just about to ask the same :):thumbup:

Lovely car. Interesting to know you can get the 1.2 in a sports trim.

How different would you say the performance is compared to your previous Octavia 1.6?

To tell you the truth, I haven't pushed it yet in terms of speed, high revs, etc. As I'm trying to run the engine in as per the manual. So I can't make a good comparison yet.

What I can tell you, which I'm sure is of no surprise, is that the fuel consumption is soooo much better than my old 1999 Octavia GLXI 1.6.

I'm happy with it, I don't feel its a downgrade to be honest. Plus the way fuel prices are going now, anything with better fuel economy is a huge bonus. :)

I'll post more pics when we get some dry weather. Whenever that will be!

I was never a fan of the 1.6SR engine in the Octavia MK1 and I think you'll find once your 1.2 is run in that it will be a nicer engine to drive, it was much more responsive at lower revs and has a healthy bit of torque. The economy will be much better which is always nice.

I think you'll find once your 1.2 is run in that it will be a nicer engine to drive, it was much more responsive at lower revs and has a healthy bit of torque.

Ahh, that's good to know!

As much as I loved my Octavia, the step up in design and features in the Fabia is just great. I'm looking forward to seeing my average MPG when I've clocked some more miles.

Incidentally, when I bought it, it had around 50 miles on the clock. Is that testing in the skoda compound?

Not as it bothers me.

Mine had 7.. wonder why it varies so much?

Actually, thinking about it, mine probably had a lot less. I only checked it when I'd got back from the dealer I'd bought it at. So I estimate it was around 30, rather than 50 as I stated before.

Some dealers don't have enough space on site so they usually have a compound some distance away where they store cars. Ours is 8 miles each way for instance. Which accounts for additional mileage, also depends on how far away the petrol station is from the garage.

Some dealers don't have enough space on site so they usually have a compound some distance away where they store cars. Ours is 8 miles each way for instance. Which accounts for additional mileage, also depends on how far away the petrol station is from the garage.

I never thought of that. That could explain it then!

Nice looking car , I like the wheels that come with the Sport. Is it lowered compared to the standard car - I think has the same suspension set-up that the Greenline now has , is that right?

Yes, I think you're right. At first glance it looks a lot lower than a normal yellow fabia II. I'll measure the difference. It does look a bit lower than the normal 'on stilts' look. But could just be the color that masks it a bit better.

About 300 miles in, getting 38.2 MPG. This is slightly worrying me as I expected it to be much higher. I really hope it increases after its run in a bit! Other than that, top notch car!

• 1 month later...

The car should really be transported from the compound then, how can it be perceived as new when someone has been to collect the car, and probably screwed the daylights out of it?