Yohan's Furby Thread

Yohan

they must be about.

I picked up a mint red 04 with 18k on the clock on thursday for well under your budget but it doesnt have xenons or cruise unfortunately.

My local-ish(Norwich) skoda dealer has a black 06 with 40k and cruise for 6.5k but no xenons. It was up for 7k less than a week ago aswell!!!!

Don't lose heart about getting one for £6k ish Yohan. I have just bought a 55 plate black VRS, with 33k on it including cruise for £6000 from a Jag main dealer which they had got in from a part ex.

Well pleased with it and I only had to spend about a month looking before I found it. I just checked the Auto Trader each day to see where they were coming up.

Hi,

i recently got my 55 plate vrs,it has 24000 on the clock and i paid less than your budget.

I know its a bit of a trek from where you are but Fords of Winsford have an 05 plate vrs for £7399.00 with

9000 on the clock,only problem is it's silver.

regards

dave

:)

• 1 month later...

Well I went out test driving Golf's yesterday, and in a local garage they had just taken a Black 54 plate vRS in with 53K on the clock and 2 previous owners. No cruise or xenons but after driving it I just put a deposit down on it!

I had no intention of buying a Fabia but the way it just turned up seemed like it was meant to be seen as they are like rocking horse poo up here!

I do have an anti-glare HID kit (HIDS4U) lying around though and cruise can always be retrofitted so I'm happy.

Acceleration seems so effortless! Even got 47mpg on a spirited test drive!

Should hopefully pick her up Monday so pics to follow then :)

Ive got full leahter, xenons and cruise control so nurr nurrrr ner nurrrr nerrrrr ! :P

Just wish I could have had ESP fitted too but it was an ex demo with 2k knocked off the price with only 2500 miles on the clock so snapped the dealers hand off !

Well I went out test driving Golf's yesterday, and in a local garage they had just taken a Black 54 plate vRS in with 53K on the clock and 2 previous owners. No cruise or xenons but after driving it I just put a deposit down on it!

I had no intention of buying a Fabia but the way it just turned up seemed like it was meant to be seen as they are like rocking horse poo up here!

I do have an anti-glare HID kit (HIDS4U) lying around though and cruise can always be retrofitted so I'm happy.

Acceleration seems so effortless! Even got 47mpg on a spirited test drive!

Should hopefully pick her up Monday so pics to follow then :)

Let the modding commence :D

Remember there are legal issues about retro-fit Xenons, discussed many times on here. I have never herd of these "Anti-Glare kits" and they need self-levelling mechanisms and washers. You could just put uprated bulbs 50%+ in it.

If I was going to buy another Furby I would possible buy an SE and/or one with factory fitted Xenons.

Right here it goes. I didn't spend the money improving the handling on my Golf, so suspension/chassis will be the first thing that gets looked at with the Fabia.

If an expert could double check everything that would be much appreciated. :)

Brakes - Audi TT 312mm Setup from fabia-vrs.com - The Comprehensive Fabia vRS Resource Site

Front Upper Strut - Seat Brace - Part No = 6L0071710

Front Lower Strut - Is there one available? I know the S3 one fits a Golf MK4 for example.

Front ARB - From what I've read seems more than adequate when left standard.

Rear ARB - Jabbasport Rear ARB

Bushes - While I'm giving the suspension an overhaul I've read the bushes are prone to wearing quite quickly. Is it worth poly/cupra bushing the whole car or just selective areas?

Suspension - I will be keeping it on it's standard alloys just now so aside from having a great handling car, I want a drop that doesn't make it look like a tractor.

Would the Koni/Eibach setup give enough of a drop on 16's? I can't find any pictures of such a setup so apologies for asking again.

And I think that should be enough to improve the ride :P

Thanks,

John

Glad to hear it.

I'll probably just gradually order the bits over the next month and fit them all in one go. I want to get used to the car in standard form first before I start playing around with it.

Am I right not to bother with upgrading the front ARB and fitting a front lower strut brace?

What Koni shocks and Eibach springs does everybody use? It looks like a 4x4 just now hehe

Thanks