husqvarnaman

Any body out there have any ideas, i have a Superb 2.0 140 two years old with 15000 miles on the clock, when cold it judders and you have to slip the clutch a bit to stop it, once the car has warmed up it no longer does it, cant think its an imbalance in the clutch as it would not go when car warms up,ruled out oil leaking from crank seal as it uses no oil and no oil under car, any ideas.

same problem on my superb, had 23,000 miles on the clock. In the end i had to fork out for a new clutch and flywheel. Was worth it though as the car is now perfect. Bought the clutch and flywheel from GSF Car Parts and they did me a deal because i bought both at the same time, got my local garage to fit and in total cost me just over £450

i have the same car with the same symptoms.....but like you say when the car has warmed up the symptom then goes.....i sometimes use the clutch quickly and that cures the juddering effect...car pulls like a train,and i dont notice any other problems associated with the clutch.....personally i wouldnt worry about it....as for forking out shed loads of money on new clutch components when the problem goes after a short while in my opinion isnt money well spent......maybe if the clutch is slipping and car has done high mileage then yes renew the components...hope this helps.regards.andy

338XPT_H110-0147_4957.jpg

Funny looking sewing machine.

Exactly, I didn't even consider a sewing machine - that's a cutting machine - much more manly! (townies what are they like?)

Anyway back to topic, changing bits to cure a juddering clutch might seem a waste of good money, but when it quietly gets worse (and you have learned to ignore it), replacing the clutch and DMF then the gearbox might make you wonder "if only"!

well given the low miles the car has done, and shows no sign of slipping or juddering permanently, im happy with the state of the clutch itself, although i assume its not covered by warranty, i would know if anything felt wrong with the drive train, and then take it to the dealers as a matter of course....but touch wood, the car has been perfect, and drives like a limosine...in fact im thinking of keeping it rather than p/x it for the new superb, given the price for a similar spec'd model

Ah, that makes sense. How old are you, exactly? :rofl:

Joking aside... wonder how it did end up as a forum nick.

My mother used a Singer with a foot pedal!?! (how old does that make me!?!) Wife seems to have a Frister & Rossman (or something) - it puts in an appearsance about once a year - but I don't know what for - oh and it gets serviced every 5 or 6 years even if it does not need it! (they look too dangerous for us men to mess with anyway)

My mum had sewing machines made by them when I was a kid :finger::D

Yes but surely "you" would not use a sewing machine as your username - that just gives the game away - if your in the house servicing the machine what else might you (if your lucky) get up to?

Frister & Rossman? aren't they a Irish duo

Ha ha ha -no that will be F------ & A------ and I'm not old enough to have heard them, seriously though I think they are made by Jonny Foreigner.

Next!

Husqvarnaman

For those intrested i am the Technical Manager for Husqvarna UK.

Thanks for the feed back, the car is still under what i think was a three year warranty, however i am not keen on the dealer pulling it apart if there is no real need.

P.S. We no longer make sewing machines, just chainsaws and associated products

Clutch judder on the B5.5 is another of many issues VAG hasn't bothered to correct. I have an 05 AWX (130 PD) which used to judder quite badly when cold, particularly after a damp cold night - I bought it in the autumn.

As it spends much of its life as a towcar the cluch gets plenty of use, but I'm very careful not to abuse it. The judder is now pretty well cured - perhaps just the smallest trace when pulling away for the first time. I think the problem is poor applications engineering with regard to the coeficient of friction of the lining when related to the axial rate of the Belville spring in the driven plate. As such, there's not a lot you can do and I wouldn't let a dealer anywhere near it unless you want it to come back with more faults than it went in for. A gentle clutch work-out might help - try running around with a good load in the boot for a week.

Chainsaws... Hmm - I have one of your excellent devices - no problems at all apart from the taper fit spark plug is seized in the head - (crappy American engine). It runs well without problems, but it will have to come out one day. Any tips for getting it out? The saw is fairly new and the plug is undamaged.

rotodiesel.

Husqvarnaman.

Husqvarna do not produce a machine with taper plug, are you sure its not one of our parent companies, Mcculloch,Partner,Flymo, these all have American engines, brute force and ignorance is the order of the day if the plug is that tight, if anything goes bang let me know i have ipls for these products and some parts.

One for the techies. If oil is overfilled can it get onto the clutch and cause judder as described. My old Octy does this when cold and at the first roundabout from home in the morning it makes a wee ooooohh noise then no more that day.