My New Fabia vRS!!

Hey all

Right then... I picked up my Fabia vRS on Monday:

Silver

Xenons

Cruise

3rd Rear Headrest

(no heated seats as it didn't come with any :thumbdwn: , oh well, got a refund for the £125 :thumbup: )

Mods so far:

Rubbing Strips Removed

Antenna Shortened

Rear De-Badged apart from vRS badge relocated to centre of boot

Richbrook Alloy Tax Disc Holder

Pioneer DEH-P77MP Head Unit

Wiring for 2x Amps, Speaker Cable from boot to behind HU for powering front components (when they arrive)

To Do (short term):

K&N Panel Filter

Eibach vRS Springs

Amps and Sub in Boot

Fit Autoleads Facia Plate

Fit Pioneer Aux Cable

Fit iPod Holder

Adjust Headlights (they're too low)

Fit Philips Silver Vision Indicator Bulbs front and rear (should be here tomorrow)

To Do (longer term):

Proper False Floor in Boot

Change Front Component Speakers

Find some Alloys!!

Phew!

I love it! It pulls SO hard! It's taking some getting used to after driving petrol cars for years, but I really do like the shove you get when you press down on the "derv" pedal!

:D

I tell you what, running the power cable from the battery to the boot was an interesting job! They don't make it easy for us do they? lol

Photos to come tomorrow!

Did I say I love it?

:rolleyes:

Glad u join the silver fab vrs club.

Matter of interest, how did u get ur attenna shorten? replaced it with a shorter one or a cut the darn thing?

I tried to screw mine off, dont wanna come off at all!

I'm quite interested what the car looks like without the rubbing strips, the debadging and the repositioning of the vrs at the rear - so looking forward to your pics!

Nice one! :thumbup:

Sorry for the lack of photos.... I've been so busy getting stuff done that I forgot to take any today!

Today I have mostly been:

Finishing wiring up my ICE

Fitting 9N Polo Rear Aero Wiper

Fitting Green Cotton Panel Filter

Erm, that's about it!

Mikey... I'm loving the silver vRS... You don't see them so often do you.

Rubbing strips are a doddle to remove and make the sides look so much smoother. Just need to colour-code the door handles now.

Antenna is security type so you can't just unscrew. I just got my wire cutters on it and chopped it in half, then got the end cap off the top section and fitted it to the bottom section!

PHOTOS TOMORROW, I PROMISE!! lol

[:)]

Hmm, better make that "photos by the end of the weekend, I promise" lol... Got to go out now and I haven't had time to take any yet.

Good one Josh lol (on another note, I fitted my Autoleads facia surround round the stereo today, along with the cubby draw for under the stereo which replaces the cubby hole.

:D

Took loads of photos last night in Southport (me and Tabs - Owner of UK-MKIVS - went for a spin out there)... Some decent shots, but I can't get my camera to connect to his laptop, so it'll have to be tonight before I upload them. Oh well!

In-Gear acceleration is truely amazing!

I love my Fabia!!!!!

:)

No' date=' we went to Southport in the daytime, then back to Liverpool for a meal, then back to Southport for some more photos!!!

Heheh

Done almost 700 miles in her since Monday afternoon!!![/quote']

Thought that place looked familiar. The last pic is the new bridge by the new retail park.

Looks good :thumbup:

Excellent pics dude! Looks really nice like mine lol

could u take a pic the debadging and the engine bay without the cover please?

Just getting a glimpse what it looks like of what u did.

Keep it up with the mods.h

TheDub: Side Rubbing Strips just peel off with a hair-dryer and some gentle force

Bumper Strips... Erm, there are none anyway.

Mikey, I haven't taken the cover off the engine bay.... I'll take one of the rear in a minute.

Do us a favour... Can you take one of your strut brace?