Need a heavier Polish.

Johnny50

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, just wondering as that could be the source of the problem, if they're not quite upto the job. Think that's what Simon was saying earlier?

I'd certainly start on the most badly affected areas first, with the 4".

Steve

Hmmm, just wondering as that could be the source of the problem, if they're not quite upto the job. Think that's what Simon was saying earlier?

I'd certainly start on the most badly affected areas first, with the 4".

Steve

The SFX Pads are not very 'aggressive' and with the DA you need pads to be in some cases.............the SFX 3 pad is a great Finishing Pad but the SFX 1 is not the best for Cutting........:thumbdwn:

I will agree with baker about the sonus pads are not very aggressive.I brought a megs burgandy pad on his advice and using menzerna polish its excellent on the harder paints.Sfx 1 pad wouldnt touch a black magic car(i know from experience) even with menz polishes.

I will agree with baker about the sonus pads are not very aggressive.I brought a megs burgandy pad on his advice and using menzerna polish its excellent on the harder paints.Sfx 1 pad wouldnt touch a black magic car(i know from experience) even with menz polishes.

Glad I have been of help to you............:thumbup:

Well...as it happens i've just sold a few spare Toyos i had lying around.

So a megs burgandy will be purchased today, if i'm lucky i'll try for a next day 1st class and get it tomorrow. :)

Are they available in 4" aswell ?

Will go take a peek at Elites website.

Well...as it happens i've just sold a few spare Toyos i had lying around.

So a megs burgandy will be purchased today, if i'm lucky i'll try for a next day 1st class and get it tomorrow. :)

Are they available in 4" aswell ?

Will go take a peek at Elites website.

All the Megs pads are one size mate.........

Ta Mr. :)

Any recommendations for a spot pad thats up to the job aswell ?

Just for the fiddly areas.

Can't answer that one mate as I don't have many and all the ones I have were given to me FOC from various sources and are unbranded..........:P

Just a little update.

Had a bash at the weekend, using the Menz stuff.

100 times better than the Sonus Polishes.

It's even working well on the Sonus pads, so i'm happy with that.

Started with the IP, then finished using the 106FF.

I only had time to do the bonnet/boot & one side of the car, so when i do the other side i'll try the 85RD Finish so i can compare.

Finished it off with some Collinite 476 and i'm really pleased with the results.

A long way from finished, but it's looking good so far.

I didn't even take any pics as the camera was away due to my daughter being at a party, so only got a dodgy reflection shot from my phone. :o

Can't answer that one mate as I don't have many and all the ones I have were given to me FOC from various sources and are unbranded..........:P

Damn it - I just picked up a 4" SFX-1 pad the other week to try out, as my same size Lake Country decided to eat itself in the centre :rolleyes:

Need to carry out some spot correction, but perhaps this Sonus pad isn't the best one for the job :rubchin:

Steve

remember to strip the wax mate when you are re-machining the car. neat apc works for me. if you machine over the wax , the pad will get clagged up. Aggressive approach is not always the best.

Ive just got a dc5 integra and it was quite oxidised and 83 and 80 megs wasnt playing ball , either was 3m fast cut, fine cut or ultrafina. I finally removed the oxidisation with carlack 68 nano care cleaner fluid on a 3m blue finishing pad. which is almost non abrasive.

Are you trying to remove defects? pop up a pic of what you are trying to correct and it will be easier to offer a reccomendation.

Good luck.

p.s, you cleaned the seats yet ;-):P

Afternoon Mr ! :)

I had only done the bootlid before, with the Sonus products, and that was corrected ok, but the other areas it didn't correct to the level i wanted, i didn't bother applying any wax until i started again, so nothing to strip, and the car has only ever seen 1 coat of poop NXT tech wax when i bought it in April, so thats long gone ! :D

Seats were cleaned...but they're needing done again, although nowhere near as bad as when you seen them last.

I'll take some more pics and post up the defects that i'm aiming to shift. :thumbup:

Hows the Honda ?? Enjoying revving the t1ts out of it ? :D

:P

I've not yet reached that level of attention....however i will be taking the springs off tomorrow night, so may give them a good cleaning. :D

I meant Andrew, you need to ask him what the previous owner left as a parting gift in there for him :D:rofl: