Balls....... I had a limp moment today

David 8

4 Faults Found:

18010 - Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low

P1602 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17544 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Lean

P1136 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

P1297 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow

P0441 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

It went into to limp mode ................any ideas girls :D

Edited by fatty5000

17705 causes 17544 if left for a long time. So they are related. Other two seem independent.

There's loads of info on the 17705 code on here, took me a while to fix mine. Turned out I needed a TB clean and reset, and a new pressure hose.

Condolences, why were your balls related to your limp moment?

Seriously though, as said check the battery charge and also check the condition of the earth points and the fuse box on top of the battery.

Power problems can cause the sensors to give erratic output as the input isn't as expected.

Have you looked up the Ross-Tech wiki?

e.g. 17705/P1297/004759 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Steve

I did try earlier but it was throwing a wobbly.

It's got too be a split hose somewhere, the car feels no different in my mind, if anything I would say slightly smoother since the limp mode blip. It has don't it since and I've had quick check with vag-com on block 115 and requested boost and actual are spot on. I've cleared the codes for so i'll check for them again tomorrow at some point.:)

Right I've had a dig around and there appears too be something hissing loudly too the far right of the engine block.(No snake jokes please)

Any pointers as to which hose is the culprit as I can't see 5hit down there, it's ram out tbh.

Edited by fatty5000
Left and right still escapes me at 34 years of age

if you remove both plastic engine covers and jam your hand under the inlet manifold, you might be able to poke the offending hose, causing the hissing noise to change.

my perished vac hose came from the bottom cetre of the inlet manifold, no idea of the part number, but it was easy to diagnose by feel.

Right I've had a poke and prod around under manifold and I can't feel or see diddly squat,

The hissing appears to be coming from this area

18092008442.jpg

I did notice a little white plastic valve which I think connects too the fuel pressure regulator........Could this be the problem.

Stu kindly looked at some boost logs and he reckons theres deffo a leak there as requested and actual boost levels are different, although no fault codes have returned.

Also can anyone tell if it's worth removing the bracket which sits in front of the dipstick to check the pipes under there????