Cosmetic / Visual differences between Petrol & Diesel vRS

I don't think the exhaust is different, without looking under the bonnet the rev counter is the only one that springs to mind.

The tips on the petrol are bigger than the diesel, well they are on my petrol anyway and I've got a standard exhaust.

cheers, I thought there'd be more differences to be honest... wonder if people think I have the petrol then as I get a few 'race' taunts - or maybe they just fancy takin on an oil burner... who knows

Unusual, most people see the vRS badge and don't bother. :confused:

you don't even get a cloud of black soot from the TDI due to the DPF

That ruins my suggestion of what the differences might be then! :rofl:

I suppose the only way to tell is when you see two side by side on the motorway. The one that pulls off into the service station for a top up is gonna be the petrol one. :rolleyes:

I thought the exhaust on the TDi version was pointed down at a very slight angle where the petrol is just straight.

Correct for the 1.9 TDI and 2.0L 140bhp TDI but the vRS has identical twin straight circular slant cut pipes as the TFSI vRS.

See here;-

Octaviavrs020.jpg

I have the idea that the brake calipers are different; vRS petrol they're green, diesel they're red.

I actually had a sales man tell me this. tbh thats a really poor reflection on the information that they are given (the guy himself was quite enthusiastic and helpful).

The only difference you will notice from the outside, is the soot on the back around the exhaust. If it has soot it will be a TFSI.

You can see it in Germany, GTIs and Vrss with the TFSI do soot up the back of the car. The TDI will never. If you look into the exhausttips of the diesel you can see a clear metall inside. :D