Brake Pads

Wheelnut

312mm brakes on V6 TDIs - no upgrade neccessary. Just checked :-)

It would be interesting to know what other parts than discs must be replaced if upgrading 288s to 312s. Ideas, anyone? Answer may lie in vag-cat parts-list but I'm too lazy to make comparison right now.:o

The complete parts list is earlier in the thread, I posted it before I checked that I have 312mm brakes already :rolleyes:

Anyway, the only unresolved issue if you want to upgrade from 288mm is if the calliper fits the carrier. The part number is different, but the difference could be just brake rate, since e.g. Audi A4 used the same callipers a while ago. The pad is the same size/shape. Hope this helps

Anyway, the only unresolved issue if you want to upgrade from 288mm is if the calliper fits the carrier.

This is exactly what I had in mind, it may be bolt-on job or may be not...well, my 288s are still in good shape, no need to upgrade just for kicks.:) But if any Briskodian actually does this upgrade, hopefully he/she shares the experiences.