Even bigger turbo soon................

Steevie Wonder

not to be a downer but cheap RS6's can becme major money pits, i know someone who has bought one about 9 months ago and has had it on the road for about 3 due to all the warranty work had to be done! nearly 30k iirc on warranty work so far! but he loves it when its working, but hes waiting for his delivery of a nissan GTR!

I hope he dosent have a family, A friend was going to order the GTR but theres just no room in the back. Ive seen 3 to date & in every one the driver had the seat pushed back & it was actually touching the rear seat base. The GTR is built for Japanesx knomes I think

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, here we go..........

Scat rods and JE low compression pistons have been ordered and I'll be getting the bottom end rebuilt hopefully later this month.

My methanol injection is still sat in my workshop, I aim to get it slung in whilst all this is being done.

With my vf34 I should be getting around 355bhp-365bhp once the bottom end of the engine is sorted......but.........I'm going to get Jabba's bigger version slung on - hopefully before xmas....I might as well treat myself a little:D

It uses the exhaust side (hot side) of the IHI and uses a far larger compressor wheel (cold side), the results should be no extra lag and a solid 385/390bhp all the way till 7500rpm with NO boost drop off:) I will be porting the OEM inlet manifold for now, as IP pi$$ed around too much on the ABD item.....

Jabba also do a turbo for 440bhp +, but I’m trying to be real about this......:rofl:

Pics will follow very soon!

Steve:thumbup:

If you need any bigger injectors, I've got some 550cc Genesis I'll part with. These are one of the best injectors on the market oem spray pattern. Good for idle, pull less timing and better EGT's. Let me know if you ar interested

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

Still waiting on a few odds and $ods from the US of A.... idle $hits!

I'll be asking Jabba to do a photo diary of the car when it goes in for heart surgery.

Spec will be:

• AGU large port head - fully ported and flowed (new guides/seats etc)
  • Supertech single groove heat treated inconel valves
  • Ported and polished AGU large port inlet manifold - might go for a Ross Machine Racing one yet....)
  • Power gaskets
  • JE 82.5mm 9:1 pistons (1.9 near as dam it)
  • Scat 144mm con-rods (20mm pins)
  • APR bolts and a few other stupid little things
  • Baffled sump
  • Methanol injection kit - controled from the MAF
  • A/F & EGT digital gauge
  • Owens development Garrett turbo
  • Re-map

Hopefully it'll be starting soon....

Steve

Steve,

unless you've already purchased the rods, I'd go with riffle drilled pauters. Scats and other H beam rods have no provision for oiling the small end bearings, resulting in wrist pin rattle off load. They just rely on oil splash. I had some fitted to mine initially and it knocked badly at idle. I swapped to pauter drilled and it was silk. The pauter drilled are very similar to oem, but mega strong. OEM rods oil the wrist pins for a reason, to prevent rattle.

Steve,

unless you've already purchased the rods, I'd go with riffle drilled pauters. Scats and other H beam rods have no provision for oiling the small end bearings, resulting in wrist pin rattle off load. They just rely on oil splash. I had some fitted to mine initially and it knocked badly at idle. I swapped to pauter drilled and it was silk. The pauter drilled are very similar to oem, but mega strong. OEM rods oil the wrist pins for a reason, to prevent rattle.

my ibiza's eurospec rods had the small end rattle from new build back in 2005, but nothing has come of it since..

fitted some scats to an a3 quattro recently onto mahl motorsport drop in pistons and they run silent.

go figure

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

All parts ordered and paid for, just need to save my pennies for the fitment cost.:cool:

Once i've saved the cash for fitment the picture diary will begin.

Huge thanks to Nick at Jabba for sorting all of the parts out for me so quickly.

Let the lunacy begin!!:D

Steve:)

steve what power are you looking for from this setup???:thumbup:

sounds awesome:thumbup::D

Aiming for 440ish, but something more importantly that will be easy to drive i.e. a very flat torque curve.

Although it will be pokey enough to scare me.

Edited by Steevie Wonder

Aiming for 440ish, but something more importantly that will be easy to drive i.e. a very flat torque curve.

Although it will be pokey enough to scare me.

Nice to see that your original car is in for a bit of an upgrade. Like Des says, with the exception of standing starts, nothing wrong with a well-set up FWD and a bit more than the standard power quota!

• 3 weeks later...

Haha pretty awesome there Rob! Check out the creepy looking guy lurking in the background!

Looks like it could be a Holset turbo.

We have turbos here that are bigger than my chest, and have to be moved about on mini cranes! But they are for a 72litre open cast gold mine truck!

Steve, your a hero, awesome project. Can't wait to see the photos of the progress. I tuned my LCR up to around 400bhp last night, and it was a beast! Kept crashing it........ (Forza Motorsport 2 -xbox 360)!