Skoda dealers to offer Dension Gateway 100 as dealer fit accessory

Attached is a press release from Skoda UK, detailing the release of the Dension Gateway 100 as a dealer fit accessory.

Price looks reasonable at £99.99.

It will be available for Stream, Dance, Audience and Columbus head units, but touch screen functionality will be quite limited.

They are talking about 'emulating' the MDI functions, so that you get text display on the Columbus, but this isn't available yet. Being honest, I don't understand why Skoda don't just offer the proper MDI interface for the Columbus. It would be way better than the Dension.

Bagpuss.

• 5 months later...

I've got a Roomster with the standard Dance HU and Skoda Accessories are offering two Gateway 100 products, one for maxi-dot cars and one for those without.

Skoda Accessories page but Dension are only offering one Gateway 100 Dension Skoda Roomster Dance page

I'm keen to buy not to buy one from my local dealer as I think they'll only supply it fitted - for a handsome charge no doubt. Anyone any ideas? I've got a Maxi-Dot btw.

• 8 months later...

I don't kinow if the Roomster's the same as the Fabia, but the Dension Gateway 100 doesn't seem to produce good sound quality in cars with Maxidot. My dealer tells me that the Dension Gateway 300 fixes this but it appears that this uses the same connector on the back of the Dance head unit as the Skoda supplied Bluetooth kit - so you may have to choose between one or the other but not both.

pete

I don't kinow if the Roomster's the same as the Fabia, but the Dension Gateway 100 doesn't seem to produce good sound quality in cars with Maxidot.

Can't say I've noticed this with mine - sound quality is excellent
uses the same connector on the back of the Dance head unit as the Skoda supplied Bluetooth kit - so you may have to choose between one or the other but not both.

I can see no reason why then can't be used together the Quadlock connectors will daisy chain together apart from that fact that you've got more cables to hide.

This isn't the first time Skoda have offered Dension kit as an OEM option - they did it with the orginal ICE-Link, but there again they didn't understand the wiring modification required for MY2006 cars!

There is an issue with these on non can cars, they will not talk properly to the maxi dot, I have been doing some testing for Dension on their Wi drive and have found the best way of getting it to work is use the Parrot 9200 as a gateway

I had a Dension 100 which I fitted my self, its not hard.

I only bought it as it was supposed to display text on the maxidot.....but it didn't.

I was (still am until tomorrow) using an MFD2 with OEM BT phone kit installed.

Maybe, just maybe, I can persuade them to work with my MFD3 tomorrow.

I don't know which version of the OEM BT kit I have installed.

Mike

PS What is a non-CAN car? Which Octavia 2 is non CAN?

What's the part number of your Dension unit? It almost certainly won't work with the

MFD3 if it's meant to display text on the Maxidot. I haven't had any success getting a text version working with an MFD2.

What's the part number of your Dension unit? It almost certainly won't work with the

MFD3 if it's meant to display text on the Maxidot. I haven't had any success getting a text version working with an MFD2.

gateway 100 vw single can hw v8r2-27

gw16vc1

doesn't work with MFD3 either

• 2 weeks later...

could someone explain maxidot and non-maxidot please? I've a 57 plate basic Roomster so I imagine if there's a choice, "it hasn't"! - but I want to find the cheapest way of securing an ipod link.

(My present Dension 100 doesnt display any track info on a 2007 Panda using the CDC plug-in - no better than an Aux input)

Do a search on here on Dension - there was a group buy some time ago which led me to by my Dension Gateway 300. Apart from a slight whistle, it works brilliantly with my Stream MP3 HU and maxidot in my Octy vRS.