S3 Upper / lower front strut Bracing

Finally got round to ordering the front upper / lower strut bracing parts from Hatfield Audi in Herts.

Alfa Waititu, Parts advisor was very helpful checking that parts were correct, I ordered them 2:30pm, had phone call this morning 10am, parts had arrived. They were :-

W8L9-805-629A (Upper Strut Brace)

W8N0-199-403B (Lower strut brace)

WN-909-147-01 (Self Rivetting Nuts for lower strut)

WN-104-679-01 (Hex Hd Bolts for lower strut)

This came to total price of £105:47 (including 2 extra nuts and bolts)

For the upper strut I have orderd M10 Stainless Steel Hex Bolts X 30 long, S/Steel washers and S/Steel Locknuts from: www.vehicleproducts.co.uk.

I have measured the bolt holes on the strut with my vernier caliper and they are dia 11mm so there is a bit of clearance to allow for drift.

Next task will be timing belt / water pump etc, then remap. :)

Fezzy, I think you will find they are the same prices as they were charging back in March of this year.

As in March 2008 the upper was £50.07p and the lower £24.73p plus vat.

Easeeeeey Peeeeesy to fit, although Fezzy you would not know....oh hang on you watched..........................................LOL

Hi Beretta, I checked my invoice, upper is £49.95, lower £24.29

(NB: I did get some discount).

Did you notice any difference in handling?.

Yes, its tightens up the turn in quite a lot, but having KW3's on the car and Powerflex bushes also helps.

If you get stuck with the fitting, gizza call via the PM when your going to do it as I am only in Harlow.

Cheers for the offer Beretta :thumbup:, I did weld up some add-on ramp extensions so getting underneath isnt a problem any more.

The only bush I have replaced so far is the dogbone one with a Powerflex replacement (big improvement, no more wheel hop).