World of Warcraft ......

fluffmeister

I just drove past Media Markt here in Hamburg, there was a queue outside that was at least 300 meters long, it turns out there is a new World of Warcraft game going on sale from midnight tonight.

The thing is, it's ****ing rain and the people out there are not your normal WoW Geeks, Police, Firemen, normal looking people that have experience of the opposite sex .... what gives .... is it that good??

I played it for about a month when it first came out. Then it got flooded with kids who'd nagged their parents for their credit card info, so I stopped!

took my lad to a convention in birmingham , when he was about 12 for his birthday.

omgg. there were grown men walking round dressed as all bloody kinds , troopers , some bloke like father time and elves or something.

i left him to it and read a book in the stands.

we have a loft full of stuff he painted , he was well into it tho, cost us a fortune.

took my lad to a convention in birmingham , when he was about 12 for his birthday.

omgg. there were grown men walking round dressed as all bloody kinds , troopers , some bloke like father time and elves or something.

i left him to it and read a book in the stands.

we have a loft full of stuff he painted , he was well into it tho, cost us a fortune.

Sounds like your talking about Warhammer? :rolleyes:...

Now I did used to be into that! - I still have it actually, may have to list it on eBay... ;)

I have to admit.. i have played WoW for a while, and yes it is quite addictive once you get into it, but i soon discovered that i had too much of a social life interfering with my WoW life.. (generally you get left-behind if you cant keep up with everyone else in your "group")

Plus im more a gun person than a warlocks and magic person :rofl::rofl:

Been playing it for about two years. It can get pretty full on if you let it although I have restricted myself down to a few hours a week now. My L70 Tankadin is coming on quite nicely too and I am starting to get good at the raids.

Mind you, I don't have WOTLK yet so I may need to take a few days of work when I get it :)

I was just amazed when I was driving from work, wearing my smart car, to see this queue of people in the dark snaking around the Wandsbek Media Markt, I am sure there were some people just on their way from the pub who thought .... hmmm a queue at this time ...... must for something good ..... let's join in.

I remember getting out of hospital a good few years ago and being housebound for a month or so and got into Quake 2 in a big way (no 6 in the world on the Lithium mod to ..... woohoo) but as soon as I was allowed out, normal life resumed so to speak.

Recently the only thing that has drawn me in was COD4 single player when I started it one afternoon while the mrs and kids were away and at about 8pm that night it was finished ...... 'twas good though :)

I remember when Halflife came out, I took two weeks off life to play it, then there was all the weekend LAN parties with UT and Quake 3 which then turned into net games such as CS, TF etc.....

I resisted WOW for ages and then someone went... have this free trial......

I am 30 and I still play games. I doubt it will ever change.

2 colleagues keep trying to get me to try WoW, they're like bloody pushers! I refuse to even try it because it looks dull and boring, and because I know there's a chance I really would get hooked.

Flight sims, driving sims and the occasional bout of TF2 ultra violence are my bag.

(COD4 and Portal were brilliant also)

COD5 tomorrow :D:D just need to find it for less than £40

I can understand the addiction, i get very engrossed with Football Manager, which is also out this weekend, and the missus is away... some kind of heaven!

I'm 43 mate :) FPS's do let me burn off a little of my natural "aggression"

:iagree:

and I'm 57 and still play CS:S

Just downloaded the demo of Left 4 Dead from Steam and had 5 mins on it - that is scary

Admit I was addicted to the very first Tomb Raider game but nothing has done it for me since.

(used to wake up in the night after having a revelation as to how to solve a puzzle and turn the computer on to see if I was right)

2 colleagues keep trying to get me to try WoW, they're like bloody pushers! I refuse to even try it because it looks dull and boring, and because I know there's a chance I really would get hooked.

It's free for 10 days.... You have nothing to loose trying it.....

• Administrators

I've never got past the opening shot of pong Interesting link

Amazing to think where we are now from then.

I like the fps, but of late I've grown tired of chasing the latest kit to play them on...so I just load up the RTS or xbox whatever... But I know people who play wow a lot...

Oh Tony, need to hook up with you when your passing again, could you pm me your number as I've fried my phone.

i worked with a load of people who played it, they had book on the program and would pass on tips etc and sell stuff they got on the game for cash. two much free time was all that sprang to my mind.