Boost Gauge fitted

McScooby

Finally got round to fitting my boost gauge yesterday, went in no problems & worked first time.:thumbup: It can be seen with just a quick glance down when driving.

Just need to work out the best way of fitting an oil temp sensor & I can then get that mounted.

25696.attach

looks good :thumbup: not sure on the location of it though :confused:

Think if i had a really sporty car like a wrc or my fuby mapped really hard then having it mounted up on the a pillar might be better but for how often I want to gheck on my boost levels the current location is fine for me.

I don't like the idea of having to glance down even a little bit - even to the DIN slot, which is why I went for the rather in-yer-face dashtop install. :) It's not like they're ever going to be coming out again so self-tappers in the dash was a nice quick way to get them in. :D One day I will tidy up the wiring.... for now it is function over form. :P

DSCN1481.jpg

Would love to mount it on the a pillar just not sure on my skills to do it just yet. Might move it in the future.

Mines standard & peaks at about 1.7/1.8 bar however had to look where I was going as well. :-)

Haven't been on a long enough run to see where it avarges at, off to sunny Harrogate tonight so will get soem good usage then. :-)

Would love to mount it on the a pillar just not sure on my skills to do it just yet. Might move it in the future.

Mines standard & peaks at about 1.7/1.8 bar however had to look where I was going as well. :-)

Haven't been on a long enough run to see where it avarges at, off to sunny Harrogate tonight so will get soem good usage then. :-)

At the moment Harrogate is SUNNY what you comming here for???

Simon

1.7 - 1.8 bar?! on a standard tune? That cannot be right as my remapped hybrid turbo does 1.8 bar! Stock boost on a vRS fabia is 1.35 bar.

I couldnt look down either. Plus, i think if you want to know your boost pressure, you will be accererating, so why take your eyes off the road??

Heres mine... (photo is bad, and doesnt do anything for the install)

DSC01313.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

Edited by Lofty86

1.7 - 1.8 bar?! on a standard tune? That cannot be right as my remapped hybrid turbo does 1.8 bar! Stock boost on a vRS fabia is 1.35 bar.

Will have to get some one else to watch it for me as I boot it then, I'm sure that it has gone over the 1.5bar marking though.:)

However it might not be setup right & it was a cheapish gauage, £28 off ebay so might not be that acurate.:)

Done a few tests tonight on the way home from Harrogate & found the following:-

Holding the car at 30mph in 3rd & then booting it the boost gauage goes up to 1.6bar & then drops & holds at around 1.3/1.4 bar.

It also does this when in 4th at about 50mph & I press on to 70mph.

Does this sound about right or do I need to worry about anything?

Fancy fitting a boost gauge at some point......probably after the exhaust, clutch, turbo, FMIC, Water/Meth injection etc etc etc..........lol

Yeah can't aford that lot at the min so went for the cheap option. :D

People are mainly talking about what the boost holds at, not peaks at.

Mine gauge wizzes round to 1.5bar, but only for a splis second, then settles at 1.35.

(Standard, Green filter, PD160 intake, no crank case fumes).

Cool sounds like mines about right then & setup correctly. :thumbup:

People are mainly talking about what the boost holds at, not peaks at.

Mine gauge wizzes round to 1.5bar, but only for a splis second, then settles at 1.35.

(Standard, Green filter, PD160 intake, no crank case fumes).