Passenger mirror angles down when reversing ??

Hi - I have an SE :thumbup:with of course electric door mirrors.

Despite going through the manual I have not yet managed to set up the mirrors so that when I select reverse, the passenger mirror angles down to assist rear viewing on that side.

In MFD I have set "Mirror down" but no matter what position I have the mirror selector switch on the door, it does not angle down.

Should this feature work on an SE and if so can anyone tell me what combination of controls/settings I need to have to make it do it ?:confused:

BTW I love this car - it is beautiful to drive (and look at!)

Tried it with mirror switch in both R and L positions - no sign of tilting mirror effect when reversing.:thumbdwn:

Could there be something basic I am missing here, anyone ?? the mirrors seem to work fine otherwise - if programmed "both", then both move when i move the drivers mirror; if single then each moves independently.

on the old superb with reverse selected position your left mirror to where you would want it to be when reversing then press the seat memory button for you then when ever you select reverse it remembers where you the mirror to go down to.

Hope this works

SNOB

Thanks superb555 - unfortunately I do not have electric seats - just electric mirrors !

I am beginning to wonder whether this is even possible with a standard SE - anyone else got an SE and found out how to do this ??

Maybe mine has a fault but if so it opnly seems to affect this one aspect of the mirrors:(

Set mine on the Elegance today. The dial has to be set to L when you put it in reverse which is a bit annoying because mine is always left on heat on every car I have. Set it up with the seat memory and it works a treat so far.

I just followed superb555's instructions and off I went. Simple

That confirms that this is an Elegance-only option then !!

Fofos and I only have the SE spec and the instructions in the handbook

don't work for us.

But that's not a problem - I am very happy with the SE version - it seems so much more modern and refined a car than my old (but much loved) Mk1 Comfort TDI130 !

if you leave the mirror switch in heat . and put the car in reverse can you get the mirror to dip if you then move the switch to "L" ? i often dont want the mirror to dip as i need to see wha is behind the car.

It works like that on my L&K Octavia so guess will be the same in the Superb :confused:

if you leave the mirror switch in heat . and put the car in reverse can you get the mirror to dip if you then move the switch to "L" ? i often dont want the mirror to dip as i need to see wha is behind the car.

Still no luck, I'm afraid. I think it is an elegance function - interesting that it worked that way on a high-spec (L&K) Octavia.

Thanks everyone for your efforts - I guess the SE doesn't do this (not too worried really).

My next task is to work my way through the GSM voice recognition system :D

hmm - i must be going blind - cannot find heat mode on my mirror switch - my superb 1 had it - i take it elegance should have it

Just a thought, but has anyone had a trawl through VAG-COM with a Superb II yet? Could be that this mirror option could be set in central convenience long coding, or similar.

Steve

i stand corrected. you are right. i have just checked and my passat does have the heater position in the middle which turns them on - i never even noticed !!!

on the superb then - if it is in the heater position and you put it in reverse the mirror will not dip. if you put it in the left postion it does dip. is this correct ?

hmm - i must be going blind - cannot find heat mode on my mirror switch - my superb 1 had it - i take it elegance should have it

If you have the Elegance same as me it's in the 2 o'clock position. Clockwise it goes fold in, heat, R, 0, L. I couldn't see it at first but it's there.

i stand corrected. you are right. i have just checked and my passat does have the heater position in the middle which turns them on - i never even noticed !!!

on the superb then - if it is in the heater position and you put it in reverse the mirror will not dip. if you put it in the left postion it does dip. is this correct ?

Dead right. Bit of a faff if you ask me, I'd rather it always dipped, mirrors are big enough to see behind you and the kirb when they dip now.

Dead right. Bit of a faff if you ask me, I'd rather it always dipped, mirrors are big enough to see behind you and the kirb when they dip now.

looks like a task for someone with a VAG COM and lots of time on thier hands !

i can see what you mean but if my mirror dipped every time i put it in reverse it would annoy me as i rarely park against a kerb . anyhow - you dont need to look if you have got park assist !!

If you have the Elegance same as me it's in the 2 o'clock position. Clockwise it goes fold in, heat, R, 0, L. I couldn't see it at first but it's there.

thanks i am officially rubbish - would never have spotted it in a million years