Speedferries, another company goes under

mannyo

Officially announced this morning.

Speedferries that operated the Dover/Boulogne ferry route has been wound up. Hopefully nobody on here had a crossing booked, unlike me who still had 4 trips of an 8 trip voucher left.

SpeedFerries | The fastest cross-Channel car ferry | Dover to Boulogne in just 50 minutes

I used to like that crossing. I knew they had been in trouble for a while but it's ashame to see them go under (especially after all the boll0x they had to put up with when they first started up).

I was on there a couple of years ago and we had a really rough crossing. The captain said we were going to go up the coastline and see how rough it was. I though they we going to turn back but then someone came on the tannoy and said that we were going to 'go for it'. There were people hurling everywhere. It was rather amusing, but I have to say genuinely quite scary. All the spirit bottles in the shop fell off the shelf and smashed. Pricey!

Oh no! They and Norfolkline are my choice of ferry if I go to .nl for my hols. When Stena Line increased their crossing time from Harwich to overnights (and a price to match it :() they still offered VFM crossings. Fingers crossed the added load will keep Norfolkline out of trouble...

I saw this a few weeks ago and I did search for speedferries on here because I've seen people mention ferry crossings. But there were no recent results so I didn't bother. Didn't it go into administration on the 12th?

Sorry, you might have had a bit more warning if I'd posted at the time.

Officially announced this morning.

Speedferries that operated the Dover/Boulogne ferry route has been wound up. Hopefully nobody on here had a crossing booked, unlike me who still had 4 trips of an 8 trip voucher left.

SpeedFerries | The fastest cross-Channel car ferry | Dover to Boulogne in just 50 minutes

My parents bought block bookings of 10 sailings. I know they have a few left, and we were going to be using some of the tickets for a trip abroad at Xmas :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: will try and find another crossing now.

Yep very disappointing :( I have used them lots since they started up and always found them good - luckily had used the last of my 10 trip vouchers. Must admit I loved the fact they went into Boulogne as well as its a nice place for a day trip / eating / shopping.

I prefer Boulogne over Calais as well, it just has a different atmosphere.

A new slow boat operator is going to commence operating from Dover to Boulogne next July (LD Lines) using ex. Sally Line ferries but until then it looks like Calais or Dunkerque for now.

:(

I've used them in the past. Whilst they didn't have the best shopping in board, I couldn't care less as I always see ferries across the channel as a transport and not a shopping outlet on the seas.

For what they offered, it was fantastic. Cheap and fast crossings. The sort of Ryanair for the Channel but without all the hidden costs.

:(

It's getty pretty messy out there isn't it. Woolies, MFi, who's next?

Bit O/T ,but here goes -article in one of the dailies postulating a link between stores in trouble and customer service . Perhaps one of the good thingsto comeout of this round of firms in trouble is that we won't have to queue at counters because there's only one assistant on ( or better still get answered quicker on the phone ):rofl: