Snow foam questions

yegnold

Would you recommend snow foaming the car when it's dry, or rinsing first?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you recommend snow foaming the car when it's dry, or rinsing first?

• Rinse first, and then snow foam
    • Snow foam dry, and then rinse
    • Third unknown option that I'll describe in my post

I've used the search ;) and have found mixed opinions; some people saying one thing and others saying another.

What do you car cleaning enthusiasts reckon is best. Snow foaming before getting the car wet, or rinsing the car and getting rid of the worst of the dirt first, and then snow foaming? Or an unknown 3rd/4th option?

Thanks!

Unless the body work is warm, then I'll rinse first, but other wise foam first.

Surely it doesn't do any harm, though? It's not like polish... is it? :o

If your paonteork has been corrected and protected then if you use snow foam then you can run the risk of taking off the protection......

The 2BM is all you need.....

I use it, because generally my car gets covered in all sorts of kak, so i like to at least get some of it softened, and off with the foam.

Never had any problems with it stripping off the 476 or anything...but then i dont use that strong a mix.

I've not found the snow foam to strip 476, or even the rather short lived Megs 3 stage wax product, when you follow the instructions for dilution.

It's good for when you don't have time but want to get rid of the salt. You can foam it and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it off and then go wherever you were off to.

Dunno if you guys are bikers but first rule of thumb of cleaning a bike when there is salt on the road is don't use hot water and wait til the bike is cold.

Hot water dilutes the salt even more so can get into every knook and krany.

Just my 2euro worth.

On a dry hot bike I'd not disagree, but foam isn't at high pressure so shouldn't push the salt into new places. It's pretty good at pulling the much of the surface so you can wash it off with a pressure washer.

Obviously waiting for the car to be cool is a good thing anyway.