So... who had fun in the snow today?!

Phil-E

Good lass... and then when the going gets too tough for the 1 series... out come the big guns! :rofl:

i used to want big guns, but I am so over that now.:rofl:

I’m off to Brum tomorrow, so I might see a bit of fluffy H2O on my way down:)

I had no fun at all on the M55 at 530 am on my return home from work. Looks like they forgot to grit after the Preston junction, all was well - cruising at 80 ish leptons, all of a sudden felt like I had run over a stinger. I was pulled by the light acceleration the car was undergoing to the left of the Mway, I gently eased off the gas, and gently wound on some corrective lock before reapplying the gas ever so lightly to be greeted with my asr light flickering away. Was certainly unexpected, but interesting :) Once the car was straight and pointing the right way, still doing 70, I eased the gas on and again was finding no traction. Totally invisible slipperyness.

I went to the local Asda this morning they have a carpark thats always empty so had to have a little play with a few handbreak turns....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Alan

Someone i used to work with was doing that in the car park, hit a hidden kerb and caused a considerable amount of damage to his car, couldn't have happened to a more deserving person... but i digress.

Snow i South Wales hopefully tomorrow, i miss the snow in the North :( An excuse to 'work from home' :D

Nice! Barbie on Christmas day? Where in Oz? Give us a wave if you fly past NZ.

Going to Brisbane and yeh I think there is a BBQ planned for christmas day!

Just worried now about the snow that is forecast for tonight and getting to the airport etc!

I had lost of fun in the snow up here in Scotland!!!

I was doing hand-brake turns and drifting and stuff in a field next to my house!

I was off school (I'm 14) and I tried my jeep (Suzuki SJ) but it keeps losing power (I suspect a blocked carburreter) so i thought i'd give my Skoda Felicia a try, and boy, did it please!

I think some nearby pheasants were scared though!

comming home from work today, saw my first casualty, ford focus head on in a tree, on a sharp bend covered in black ice... wasn't a hard impact (not driveable though) so he wasn't going that fast, both guys stood by it on their phones were unhurt and said they were fine and being picked up..

when I moved away TC was telling me how slippery it was ...... you coldn't see it, just black ice....

Out at 6.45 this morning to clear the 3 inches of snow off the car, slidey fun all the way down the hill that i live on, snow with ice underneath. Was great fun watching a taxi not be able to make it up the hill very well and having to stop halfway and try again!

On a serious note, apparently it has been quite bad around Leeds, esp on the higher ground, and I bet there'll be quite a few bad accidents.

I almost died on the M62 in the wee hours. Strong side wind, empty solid side 45 foot trailer, white motorway. Opposite lock, then the rear of the trailer tried to overtake me, then more opposite lock as the front kicked out the drive wheels at a jaunty angle again...repeat until terrified. Not an experience I ever want to repeat. Juat rain and slush here in Blackpool now, and blimmin cold.

I take it this cold snap and snowy weather is due to global warming:rolleyes:

It's not global warming anymore,:rolleyes: they had to change the name to climate change when global temps started dropping.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rofl:

But they'll still continue to flood us with propaganda and tax us for a natural process all the same.:mad:

Sorry Blade404, I forgot that it was now called climate change:O. I've just been in the garden chipping the ice off of the bird bath so they can have a drink, but due to the propaganda of the climate change brigade I went out in shorts and a tee shirt! Still, the missus is trying to warm me up again:D

On Thursday morning I set off for Manchester from Peterlee (In between Sunderland and Middlesbrough) at 7am just as it started hoying it down with snow. Got to the bottom of the A19 passing a 1 series, Mazda MX3 and a Focus all facing the wrong way at various points, also an artic which had a meeting with the central reservation.

Met up with some colleagues at the new wetherby services, they told me about sliding into the back of someone at a round a bout and we watched everyone trying to get out of the services. Finally got to Manchester after three cups of coffee and five hours!

It didn't get much better when we got there either, if anyone has seen the rather impressive Balfour Beatty cabins at Hope Hospital we were working in there with no heating and limited lighting!