So... who had fun in the snow today?!

Phil-E

Only had a little sprinkling this morning in York but is was enought to strecth the ABS controller's legs :rofl:

Also pulled into the school that my office is based at and went to turn right into the staff car-park and carried going straight on... much to the amusement of the students stood nearby :cool:

Also a collegues daughter rolled her car just round the corner from her home (first time in the snow i think)... she realised she wasn't going to be able to stop for the junction and rather that go flying out into busy traffic she steered in a banking and then rolled it in a ditch (she's ok though.. no injuries... which is more than can be said for the Golf!).

So who else has had fun then?

Phil

The wife got her vRS stuck on a steep hill this morning and phoned me up. "What do you want me to do?"

HELP!

Mind you, the car in front of her crashed into the school gate post :)

Needless to say, I had fun reversing it up the hill :)

was snow on ice up here! was great fun, but then I have stability control, and my car just didn't want to spin, even though I had a couple of "interesting" roundabouts :rolleyes: slowmotion tailsliding at 4 mph is an interesting experiance! no bloody grip at all, thought I'd see more accidents on my way to work, but everyone was tiptoeing around, all was well :thumbup:

I saw it snowing and went back to bed... by the time I got up it has mostly melted. :)

looser!

Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition

*Search on 'Loser'

Main Entry: loser *

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: person, thing that fails

Synonyms: also-ran, deadbeat*, defeated, disadvantaged, down-and-outer*,

dud*, failure, flop*, flunkee, has-been, underdog, underprivileged

Antonyms: achiever, success, winner

Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition

*Search on 'Looser'

*No results found for looser*

Did you mean loose?

Thesaurus suggestions:

loose

loser

lose

loosen

louse

lesser

looker

looter

loss

:P

Yeah I have fun too this morning, similar experience to Sharkrider. Thankfully everyone else was driving intelligently. Took me 50 minutes to do my 15 min drive to work, after having to make a detour to avoid a very steep hill which was covered in ice and snow.

Yeah I have fun too this morning, similar experience to Sharkrider. Thankfully everyone else was driving intelligently. Took me 50 minutes to do my 15 min drive to work, after having to make a detour to avoid a very steep hill which was covered in ice and snow.

weather forcast says we're "in for it" on thursday Ian... snows commin! (I'll believe it when I see it though! lol..)

We've had a bit today , had to tiptoe to work at 645am this morning at 15mph , no roads had been gritted at that time. Weve had quite a few hail and snow showers during the day , and , going on the snowballs that hit the window before , theres still some outside! ;)

weather forcast says we're "in for it" on thursday Ian... snows commin! (I'll believe it when I see it though! lol..)

Are we doing Hardknott Pass then? :rofl:

I doubt we'll get any more snow really. Maybe some more frost. Hopefully won't be getting wheel slip in 4th again...lol

I had an east to west coast drive this morning, as I do most mornings, roads were treacherous. Snow and Black ice all the way, turned a 60-70 minute drive into a 2:15 :mad: The sideways novelty soon runs out.

I did have two occasions I got overtaken by a mondeo and a Range Rover while i pottered along at 40, both of them were later passed, the mondeo nose into a hedge and the range rover into a truck escape lane :D

I did stop to see if the mondeo driver was ok, he was and the car only had scratches but he did look a bit sheepish, wheres that smug smiley. The Range Rover was fine, owner out on the phone up to his sills in sand and snow :D

Can you imagine what comedy people must have had in MX5s and BMW 328i (especially green ones) this morning trying to even get out of their driveways!

I saw a lady in a Focus a few years ago, maybe it was last year, but anyway she braked for a T-junction and the car gradually stopped on the ABS but in doing so managed to slide down the camber of the road into a ditch ending up on it's side. Was very odd to a Focus end up in a ditch after loosing control a 6mph.

Can you imagine what comedy people must have had in MX5s and BMW 328i (especially green ones) this morning trying to even get out of their driveways!

Yes and us RWD peeps have had loads of fun today:thumbup:

just finished now ..... end of a late shift a 4wd and an empty works carpark all the slush had turned to ice and it was such a terrible thing having to drive past the manager in his bmw 530 stuck at the bottom of the carpark when the exit is at the top lmao:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: