chipsaway matching - corrida red

Paint code should be on a sticker inside the cover of the service schedule book. It's the second entry in on the second line below the bar codes

Edit: Oops just noticed this is octy 1, the sticker info might be different. Try this link http://briskoda.net/styling-car-care/handy-paint-code-lookup/114206/:)

My old Octy1 vRS in Corrida Red had the paint code in the boot on the sticker..... plus in the service book.

I've just been out to my garage as I was given left over paint from my local ChipsAway chap.

my car at the time was an Octy VRS 51 plate in Rally Red and the cde on the bottle is 8180-1.

I'm wondering if the -1 is the year and if this varies slightly year on year.

Another option is if he's used the wrong undercoat it will have affected the colour of the top coat.

The paint match on my car was spot on and I'd recommend the guy to anyone needing a small repair, but he was based in West Calder rather than Glasgow.

• 2 weeks later...

i've yet to see a 'smart' repair done to a satisfactory standard. i work in a bodyshop and have lost count of the number of customers who bring their cars in for rectification after some idiot has made a complete hash of it! imo you wont get the same quality of finish as you will in a bodyshop in the right atmosphere using the right equipment, sure its more expensive, but you get what you pay for! that colour match is way off - yes red is one of the hardest colours to match, and even if you have the correct code, there are usually 3-4 variations of each colour! looks like he has painted it a completely different colour. a letter with the sentence 'i have contacted my solicitor' usually does the trick, but i wouldn't trust him to do it again- get it done properly and give him the bill!:D