Wrc rip

KenONeill

It has been reported that problem seems to be stupid regulations that force teams to use only one tyre for the whole championship (I think).

But they manage the snow of Sweden and Finland so why can't they manage Wales????

Not blaming Wales Organisers - it seems to be a stupid WRC problem - why come to Wales in December with warm weather tyres - its just daft!

It has been reported that problem seems to be stupid regulations that force teams to use only one tyre for the whole championship (I think).

But they manage the snow of Sweden and Finland so why can't they manage Wales????

Not blaming Wales Organisers - it seems to be a stupid WRC problem - why come to Wales in December with warm weather tyres - its just daft!

Sweden is a snow rally so they are allowed to use snow tyres which are narrow with titanium spikes (it's the only rally they are used for apart from Norway when they had a round).

Finland is a gravel rally.

It's not a WRC issue its a FIA WMSC issue as they come up with the regulations.

Even Pirelli want the tyre regulations looked at.

Exactly, The whole issue is to try reduce costs.

I understand that but what is any sport without spectators! Cancel stages= no spectators =less fans long term =less attraction to sponsors = RIP WRC

I understand that but what is any sport without spectators! Cancel stages= no spectators =less fans long term =less attraction to sponsors = RIP WRC

But how many spectators actually pay the stupid prices.

You can see just as much rallying in the various forests most weekends.

Anyway Suzuki have suffered from the Honda Effect and gone so we're back to three manuafacturers again.

But how many spectators actually pay the stupid prices.

I could be wrong but think the whole paying thing is a RallyGB thing. Although sneaking some of it into Rally Ireland, Service access etc.

Ah the prices issue.

I can't understand how they justify charging £90 for a World Rally pass - e;g go to a National event at Halfway/Epynt throughout the year - and it will be between £5-£10 for the day. Go when it's Rally GB and it's 3 times as much, for no better facilities - and you can't roam. Work that out. Yes, you have to pay, but surely £30 - £45 would be justifiable for a pass.

It's just a revenue raising event nowadays, unfortunately.

That first guy looked like a moron, spiining hit onw, ten trying to drive off hitting wall and spinning backwards into something.

I think these are Americans with no idea of how to drive on surfaces with little grip

did you actually watch the video? cars were accelerating from virtually stopped to what looked like the best part of 20mph completely sideways with their brakes, i'd like to see you drive over it perfectly fine :rolleyes: