170 CR Bluefin update

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small update .

Spoke to superchips today - again.

Was told that the map is still very early in development and we shouldn't expect it till at least the end of March :/

:( :( :thumbdwn:

At least when it does come out you will appreciate it all the more. ;)

Hope they don't try and charge more money than other VAG engines

Just because its a new engine and all the dev work etc

Lets hope not - time will tell however.

At least Ill have the money to but it when it does come out! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed them today just out of interest.

The reply:

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We hope to have a solution available for your car within the next month or so. We'll hold onto your details and contact you again when we have news.

Kind regards,

Dominic

--

Dominic Meagher

Sales Manager

Superchips Ltd

The Chrimbo offer price is still on the Bluefin @ £390 - could by one now and sit on it until the 170 map becomes available...

Do you not have to specify your car type / engine when you buy bluefin in which case I doubt they'd sell you one for a map still under development. I'd imagine there is different pricing to consider too.

I am driving my bluefin for about 30tkm now and also doing a lot of longer autobahnstretches (>210km/h) Never had problems with the DPF so far. :thumbup:

About the bluefin, the device is a VAG device. Which means it can be connected to the OBD plug. Not only plugs it into our Skodas but also to all the other VAG cars.

All you have to do, is ask SC for the right file. (I can sell my Octi, buy a A6 3.0TDI and buy the files for the A6 at SC. In return for the TDI RS file)

So just ask SC if there is a possibility to get a bluefin already and wait for the CR files.

Hi, keep reading the over fueling that the re/mapping creates, can cause the dpf to catch fire certainly put me off.

Part of the DPF problem was resolved by VAG in the summer last year on the PD models with 26E6 remap and exhaust gas pressure sensor upgrade; since then my engine has run much sweeter than before with less obvious regeneration cycles.

Superchips are well aware of the DPF scenario which is why their remaps are perhaps a degree conservative compared to others (and REVO will no longer remap a PD170 engine). They do after all provide a warranty on their work and will cover any failure if not covered by the manufacturer.

We''ll see what happens on the two test cars.

I'm sure in the long term it will be worth the wait.

The Chrimbo offer price is still on the Bluefin @ £390 - could by one now and sit on it until the 170 map becomes available...

Price is only £312-80 inc Vat at Demon Tweeks in Jan

Price seems to be the same for most Skoda models

Just wondering out loud, would a 170CR remap be approaching the torque limits for the DSG gearbox ?

I remember that the re-mappers used to offer two maps for the V6 TDi Audi engines for this reason (mine were manual) - one for manual box and one for tiptronic (with reduced torque).

Worth asking the question as the DSG box is not cheap if it goes bang,