170 CR Bluefin update

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in thinking the dpf problem is only on the PD engines and not the newer CR?

I meant to ask does the CR actually have a dpf? Excuse my obvious ignorance.

Am I right in thinking the dpf problem is only on the PD engines and not the newer CR?

That's right as far as I know. CR engine is 'cleaner' than the PD hence the DPF will have less 'work' to do. :thumbup:

Just wondering out loud, would a 170CR remap be approaching the torque limits for the DSG gearbox ?

I remember that the re-mappers used to offer two maps for the V6 TDi Audi engines for this reason (mine were manual) - one for manual box and one for tiptronic (with reduced torque).

Worth asking the question as the DSG box is not cheap if it goes bang,

Torque limitations on a Tiptronic auto will be dictated by the torque converter whereas in a DSG box it is will be the clutches (remember DSG is an automated manual box); I'd expect the DGS to be stronger.

Hope so too :)

But I'm guessing not because IMHO the PD does seem to have a lot of power in std trim

look at some peoples figures "even before a re-map"

Fingers crossed though

Hi Guys

The P-Torque software is now available, taking power to 205bhp :thumbup:

Please check our forum section regarding a group buy.

DSG is no problem at all, even with aggressive mapping.

Fantastic - Wolverhampton is a long way from me - better be worth it ;)

Got any graphs yet?

Fantastic - Wolverhampton is a long way from me - better be worth it ;)

Got any graphs yet?

Does the P-torque remap have the equivalent of Superchips 'BlueFin' that will enable you to reload the remap in the event of a problem (or revert to OE map if ever you need to) or Skoda doing a remap to cure some issue or other that will overwrite the P-torque upgrade?

Does the P-torque remap have the equivalent of Superchips 'BlueFin' that will enable you to reload the remap in the event of a problem (or revert to OE map if ever you need to) or Skoda doing a remap to cure some issue or other that will overwrite the P-torque upgrade?

Hi

No we don't....these later ECU's can have updates from the dealers, and if you try to flash the ECU with the same file stored in your DIY unit, the software version will not match.

We off flashing back to tuned state Free of charge :thumbup:

Hi

Yes, we have the dyno graphs. I need to get them off the dyno computer and post them though :thumbup:

Good man - look forward to seeing them.

I live in Canterbury - which is some 200 miles away, but spend a lot of time in Bristol with work.

Chances are Ill come up to you before heading to bristol for meetings the following day.

How does it feel to drive - how is power delivery etc etc??

Hi

No we don't....these later ECU's can have updates from the dealers, and if you try to flash the ECU with the same file stored in your DIY unit, the software version will not match.

We off flashing back to tuned state Free of charge :thumbup:

That is what SC is doing too. I had my car in for a service, removed the SC file first and resetted to original. They than did the update to 26E6.

Contacted SC, sent in my newer file with the 26E6 update, they chanced the file and sent it back. Now it is on my car :thumbup: (since today, didnt test it yet).

That is the good thing about the bluefin, immediate response from the guys at SC and always willing to help if you dont like the way your car performs.

And of course the best thing, everything within short reach if you have WiFi and a laptop, (or at home with pc and internet).

That is the good thing about the bluefin, immediate response from the guys at SC and always willing to help if you dont like the way your car performs.

And of course the best thing, everything within short reach if you have WiFi and a laptop, (or at home with pc and internet).

This is why I like the idea of the bluefin and I think I'll probably wait and see their offering before deciding.

I spoke to the superchip dealer over here on Friday (2 days ago) and he said that SC are releasing the Bluefin for the EDC17 for BMW diesels in 10 days and the Bluefin for the new range of VAG CR diesel engines will be relaesed the week after. Plus he is giving me the 20% sale discount because I'll order it before the end of January:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking for a decent remap for the CR. like jonno would be a bit of a travel unless i can get something like the bluefin.

Anyone used RemapPro from rapid remap?

Edited by TayzeR

• 1 month later...

last time i spoke to superchips about a month ago they told me they could remap the cr but only if i took it to buckingham and had it done on the rolling road they were also under the impression it was140 bhp when i mentioned it was 170 bhp they said oh we havnt seen one of those yet but we can do it ,they wanted my car for three to four hours it wouldnt be bluefin just remapped and wanted me to pay full price ! i have since had it remapped by p torque, im very pleased with the results and it was a lot less expensive.

last time i spoke to superchips about a month ago they told me they could remap the cr but only if i took it to buckingham and had it done on the rolling road they were also under the impression it was140 bhp when i mentioned it was 170 bhp they said oh we havnt seen one of those yet but we can do it ,they wanted my car for three to four hours it wouldnt be bluefin just remapped and wanted me to pay full price ! i have since had it remapped by p torque, im very pleased with the results and it was a lot less expensive.

Perhaps to clarify Superchips operation, from my experience, in a similar situation.

I have the older PD 170 engine but had just had the 26E6 (Skoda) remap before I went to Superchips. I went to them in Buckingham so that they could specifically map the engine according to my ECU (just as they would do for the CR170) with the benefit of it being on their rolling road.

This they did, thus creating the map for them to store and apply for future customers. This map was then uploaded into a BlueFin handheld device, checked and presented to me. I now have the BlueFin at home available to use in the future. I was with them for no more than two hours.

I'm sure it would work in the same way for the first customer to take their CR170 engined vRS to them.

Two points to consider and Superchips; 1) does any other tuner offer a BlueFin type device to map, remap, revert to OE etc and 2) does anyone else offer a full warranty on your car in the event of Skoda not accepting a claim?