my fab

krissis

just thought id show you how my fab prodgect is coming along,

I've put on some vrs 16'' alloys on, in satin black with kumo rubber.

bought off a briskoda member,

then i fitted my jamex extreme coilovers,

she handles great now, next is the air filter/ ind and exhaust,

then a remap.

most people choose to upgrade the engine first but im sensible and went for the handling first as lets face it stock shocks (even on the vrs) are crap.

Im thinking of spraying my brake calipers yellow or green, unless someone is selling some green ones on here, i will consider buying them.

tell me what you think.

26248.attach

26249.attach

26250.attach

26251.attach

Edited by devonutopia

Looks really good.

How would say the ride comfort has changed with the coilovers? Has the ride become harsh and uncomfortable or is it OK?

Bgds Dan

thanks,

I drive mostly for fun and i am very pleased with the proformance of these coilovers, the ride is 100% better, I can take a corner faster now with out feeling uncomftable, even with it being 30% stiffer than the standard springs its not too hard for me, although I think some people would not like how stiff they are as you do have to be very aware of the road conditions and avoid speed humps at all cost, I live on a close and there are lots of turns to get to it and the roads here are not smooth, i used to go 40mph along it now with the coilovers fitted i can only do 25-30 as the road is in such bad condition. That may give you an idea. But I can not say how pleased i am with them.

i really do enjoy driving her even more

That looks really nice. The car is dropped and the tyres fill the arches properly without looking like the suspension is broken. I like it.

Changing the hubs will be peanuts compared to putting on Brembo's or D2's. And the 312mm brakes are immense!

That looks really nice. The car is dropped and the tyres fill the arches properly without looking like the suspension is broken. I like it.

Thanks,

Changing the hubs will be peanuts compared to putting on Brembo's or D2's. And the 312mm brakes are immense!

how much am i looking for hub replacment?

how much am i looking for hub replacement?

No idea, but a good set of 312mm's off a TT are about £400 fitted, so I'd budget in another £100 for some 2nd hand hubs. The good D2's and Brembos are almost double that combined total.

Contact Lummox/Unit 18 for a proper quote. He does all my work,and for quite a few others too. He's not the cheapest, but he does charge significantly less than main dealer prices (his day job is as a VAG Mastertech).

thanks for the comments people, much appreciated,

come on its not a friggin comfort its a elegance,

the side repeaters are going smoked, the grill surround going black and elegance signs off, its not even nearly started yet, ill keep you all in formed,

im looking into that cheers wja96

ive just moved out of the hood to a respectile place called bramcote, :p

wheres you tas

im a countryside boy haha

im from lowdham

i was in bramcote on saturday night priory fish bar. best chips in nottingham lol.

im a countryside boy haha

im from lowdham

i was in bramcote on saturday night priory fish bar. best chips in nottingham lol.

the roads are funner out in the countryside but the chips are crap['

they do do nice chips there,

im just round the corner from there.

No idea, but a good set of 312mm's off a TT are about £400 fitted, so I'd budget in another £100 for some 2nd hand hubs. The good D2's and Brembos are almost double that combined total.

Contact Lummox/Unit 18 for a proper quote. He does all my work,and for quite a few others too. He's not the cheapest, but he does charge significantly less than main dealer prices (his day job is as a VAG Mastertech).

ouch!!!!!!! thats about 200 quid more thn i payed and thats taking into account my new ferrodo ds 2500 pads and race spec brake fluid too,mind you i suppose its the price you pay if someone else does it:O