it's arrived!

pauljmuk

Arrived 9am this morning - Superb SE with 170 CR manual diesel - anthracite grey, and some extra toys.

Just spotted that the roof aerial is missing (not screwed in) - so off to local dealer today to see if I can grab one

Should I be running this in carefully or is it good to go?

Nah - it was delivered from Falkirk by Car Carriers even though I'm in Shropshire (go figure - the delights of getting your car from a Company Lease Hire firm) - didn't spot it until driver had gone - so will try local dealer at lunchtime.

Just in time for Christmas. You really will enjoy driving it and in my opinion the darker colours do make it look classier. For the first 500 miles i just took it nice and easy no more than 3,000 rpm then gradually increasd it over the next 500 miles. Enjoy.:thumbup:

I've been looking at comments on the dash lights, but not been dark enough to test how low they go. The dial does dim them, but will check on drive home tonight whether it's dimming enough.

What is the current consensus? Is this fixable or not - I'll be peeved if I've got a bright dash, as I like a dim car at night. Already bothered I can't turn the bolero screen off.

Look out when I refuel it? Why?

To update - was intrigued by the interior light thing - dark now, and just been out to it. The dimmer dial takes my dash down to a more than acceptable level of light. Full on is way way too bright. Full low is nice on the dials, but heater controls, etc are too low - got mine set about 1/4 way up.

Still annoyed I can't blank the bolero screen.

also - the catseyes lights in the roof - I thought they were supposed to be red - mine are whiteish blue.

Edited by pauljmuk

Still annoyedI can't blank bolero screen.

Press set-up button then display for options.

Never had any problems refueling. Cats eyes are whitesh blue on mine as well wish i prefer to the mk1 red ones.

Look out when I refuel it? Why?

the catseyes lights in the roof - I thought they were supposed to be red - mine are whiteish blue.

On the new model they are whitish-blue but despite that I have found them not to be intrusive or distracting.

Enjoy !

Glad you have got it. See there is a Santa :santa2:

Must tell JCB that, however I expect he forgot to write and post his letter :)

I have had mine 2 Months now and nearly 4000 miles later I enjoy driving it more and more.

Happy Christmas to you all!

Glad you have got it. See there is a Santa :santa2:

Must tell JCB that, however I expect he forgot to write and post his letter :)

I have had mine 2 Months now and nearly 4000 miles later I enjoy driving it more and more.

Happy Christmas to you all!

dont like you anymore....:P:P:P:P:P

its getting nearer. its at the docks in sheerness ! santa was too busy delivering real toys to real boys & girls to deliver a big boys toy to this overgrown boy !!

sorry -been away - will get pics sorted.

Re an earlier post - the setup options only allow dimming of the Bolero display, not turning it off - it bothers me.

Otherwise - about 300 on the clock now, and I love it. Heated seats are the best I've ever had.