i can't believe it

that no one has yet complained over this cold spell of water leaks into their cars from leaking windscreen washer pipes , maybe they haven't all thawed out yet , it used to be every other thread on the forum a couple of years ago

well i've just had to strip the tailgate trims off to refit the pipe onto the rear washer , PITA to pull the trims off , but i must say i have been lucky as its the first pipe to come off in 4.5 years, had to do the job as the rear latch/switch gets soaked every time you wash the rear screen

AHHHH is that whats happened, tryed to wash my rear wiper this morning and there was water ****ing out the engine bay, i asume the pipe has come off the motor?

Although the front one is still working, is there seperate motors?

See post 3

AHHHH is that whats happened, tryed to wash my rear wiper this morning and there was water ****ing out the engine bay, i asume the pipe has come off the motor?

Although the front one is still working, is there seperate motors?

theres seperate pipes at least. look between the air box and the engine cover at the bulk head. there will be a pipe sticking out and one hanging gushing out water when you use the jets. just reconnect till it clicks back on. I used one hand from beneath and one from above... doing it with one hand is nigh on impossible.

If you're subject to an Epic Fail and run out of zippies after dropping them all into the bowels of your engine bay, you might get away with snipping off the last 1/2" (no more) of the pipe, as it may have split or stretched. But only do this if you're sure that your shortened pipe will reach!!! :doh:

Mine was popped off behind the rear seats when i bought mine in November (plus having now washer jet or cover) and last week it popped off in the tailgate.

What a PITA to sort that out!!

Didn't bother getting the whole trim off I just yanked the top of the trim away far enough to get my hand in and jam the pipes back together.

Although i think they've been frozen for a couple of days now so likely to find more popped joints at the weekend! :thumbdwn:

My vrs has been in the garage for warranty work for 3 weeks. I got i back today still awaiting the CD multichanger back from the company fixing it and to top it off it is leaking washer fluid in the boot.

When I rang the garage back (D M Keith Bradford) I was told that the washer pipe pops off as a 'safety feature' to stop the pipe splitting in cold weather:confused:!!!!! WTF????? So as a safety feature my boot fills up with washer fluid? I think not.

After telling them I was a member of this site and I was aware of this problem they said they will fix it as a goodwill gesture!

To be fair D M Keith have been good to me but I felt they were trying it on telling me that!

Well, famous last words for me. Came to use my rear wash today for the first time - nothing. Definitely thawed out down here so clearly it's come detached somewhere. I suspect at the pump. :D Something to check at the weekend.

Well, famous last words for me. Came to use my rear wash today for the first time - nothing. Definitely thawed out down here so clearly it's come detached somewhere. I suspect at the pump. :D Something to check at the weekend.

:rofl: i knew my thread would bring all the washer pipe problems to the fore :rolleyes:

Happened in my old Passat, it rogered the alarm switch so it kept going off every night. Glad I had vagcom else I'd never have diagnosed it!!

I use VAG washer fluid at the -16 option through winter and touch wood have not had any problems other than strange looks at the dealer when I bulk buy, get 10% off though.

That said I am in the warm north and we only had -8.