What to do with my Vrs

I agree with the wise one...................

Yep

Me too, I spent over 20K on my Octy, loads of fun, bought my latest car with the mods already done (about 23K worth) & got it for list :D:D

I would get it mapped, decent brake pads, dot 5.1 fluid & if you want to spend more go on performance driving courses, its something you can take from car to car & might just save your life one day

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't do any of the above mods!!!

Keep the car completely standard and spend your money on the GF or SWMBO.

Your car will be worth next to nothing when it's time to sell and standard bits will last longer, it will save you lots of money in the long run.

Trust me, I know.

HTH

Des

Good piece of advice, but came too late for me!!

I bought my vRS to keep standard & I was doing well leaving it standard untill I joined Briskoda & the mod temptation just bit into me untill I finally cracked:rolleyes:

Once you start, you can't stop. Its a very slippy slope. I just daren't tot up how much I have spent:O

Meh! Money is there to be spent! Tune it's balls off.

Your only spend it on something else if not your car. Holiday with the mrs, PS3, or a new exhaust? Hmm

(I have no pension or savings, I'll just win the lottery if I need a lump sum for something! What a plan.)

funny posts by delcac and beretta the 2 people that have inspired many to mod there cars lol :thumbup::rofl: :rofl:

Is it funny, or just two voices from experience trying to save someone some money?????

Thanks for the compliment, but although I have to admit that having modded mine to the level that I did, it certainly performed way above its league and upset a lot of bigger and far more expense cars and is a dream to drive as TrevorB33 the new owner will confirm, I think with hindsight that I would have stuck with the mods as quoted by Stuart_J, but there again I have always stated that the brakes and suspension should be done first, then you will realise that the Octy vRS is already a fast car that you can then use to its full potential.

Whilst its alright throwing shedloads of money at the car to make it go faster, unless you going to go down the full big turbo route, and the problems and expense that it entails, your far better off with a good map, DS2500's and a Neuspeed 28mm rear ARB, I should have stopped at that, but did not, and others will not, as its very addictive.

The other question to ask yourself is, unless your going to do track days, where will you use all this new found performance?

Don't do any of the above mods!!!

Keep the car completely standard and spend your money on the GF or SWMBO.

Your car will be worth next to nothing when it's time to sell and standard bits will last longer, it will save you lots of money in the long run.

Trust me, I know.

HTH

Des

yes i know but whats the fun in that?

I got the car for a bargin price so i have cash left over, got dumped by the missus just befor xmas so saved on that to, i have all the boy's toys you could ever want so all i have left to spend my cash on is my car my milage is low so im happy to mod!:thumbup:

fair one mate, soz to hear bout the lass. Even more of an excuse to mod.

if I was you though I would get all the bits done on the engine first then the custom remap, thats the best way of gettin max out of everything.

billy

fair one mate, soz to hear bout the lass. Even more of an excuse to mod.

if I was you though I would get all the bits done on the engine first then the custom remap, thats the best way of gettin max out of everything.

billy

well said iv given the car a full valet today looks GOOOD! and after that i had a look round a few mod places in newcastle not many do remaping but all have said do all other bits first just where to start i had it booked for a remap by a mobile guy but iv been warned off mobile remapers so iv canceled :(

is there any mod i can get that will help with the front end bouncing when you put your foot down in fisrt ???

Get the dogmount bush replaced with Powerflex or Superpro, and that will stop the front bouncing about when you boot it, and will stop the traction light coming in so early.

Get the dogmount bush replaced with Powerflex or Superpro, and that will stop the front bouncing about when you boot it, and will stop the traction light coming in so early.

Many Thanks will do

dont suppose you know how to get the skoda badge out ot the stering wheel got a nice vrs badge to go in but can i hell get the skoda one out?

Mods Im doing to mine:

SuperPro dog mount bush (Already done and noticable difference in gear changes straight away)

Mintex front and rear disks/pads

BlueFlame full system inc 200CEL cat

Samco Air Intake Pipe

Bailey DV30 Dump Valve

Koni STR.T suspension

ECU Remap

I will get things like the ARB's (Anti Roll Bars) if I still have the car in the future (Not planning on selling for 5years odd) and bushes will be replaced when they wear away. Standard are fine for everyday driving and everything Ive listed above will make the car drive better for everyday use!

Ive just serviced my VRS and replaced oil filter, oil, air filter, plugs, fuel filter and pollen filter. Car feels alot smoother to drive already (Mines serviced roughly every 8K so far to 50k miles). She's going to Skoda for a cambelt and water pump change in Feb 09 and its 2 year brake fluid change.

I am not modding mine that much as I have my Esc Cos for fast driving, but I want to make my Skoda feel better on the road (Even tho she drives very nice already) and making it look better by lowering it will help with the visual side of things :)

Oh well, don't say I didn't warn you. :)

i know what your saying mate i just want it over 200bhp not going to silly with it

i turned 30 end of last year so this is my treat to myself and i want a 200bhp plus car and cant afford one with 200 stock

Mods Im doing to mine:

SuperPro dog mount bush (Already done and noticable difference in gear changes straight away)

Mintex front and rear disks/pads

BlueFlame full system inc 200CEL cat

Samco Air Intake Pipe

Bailey DV30 Dump Valve

Koni STR.T suspension

ECU Remap

I will get things like the ARB's (Anti Roll Bars) if I still have the car in the future (Not planning on selling for 5years odd) and bushes will be replaced when they wear away. Standard are fine for everyday driving and everything Ive listed above will make the car drive better for everyday use!

Ive just serviced my VRS and replaced oil filter, oil, air filter, plugs, fuel filter and pollen filter. Car feels alot smoother to drive already (Mines serviced roughly every 8K so far to 50k miles). She's going to Skoda for a cambelt and water pump change in Feb 09 and its 2 year brake fluid change.

I am not modding mine that much as I have my Esc Cos for fast driving, but I want to make my Skoda feel better on the road (Even tho she drives very nice already) and making it look better by lowering it will help with the visual side of things :)

Sounds good may do same

im no racer i will be using it as my evrey day car and dont want to go to mad with it

there is a civic type r i see every day on my way to work if i can keep up with him ill be happy lol:thumbup:

Mine keeps up with a 350Z as she sits lol Its good to have a little play every now and again :) But going OTT with the mods will reuin the reliability of the car (Modify it too much and other parts with start breaking).

Spend your £1500 on the mods mentioned mate and see how you feel after. Im pretty sure you will be happy :)

Mine keeps up with a 350Z as she sits lol Its good to have a little play every now and again :) But going OTT with the mods will reuin the reliability of the car (Modify it too much and other parts with start breaking).

Spend your £1500 on the mods mentioned mate and see how you feel after. Im pretty sure you will be happy :)

Think you got it cracked there fletch mate cheers

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ive browsed this site alot to find the best stuff to use. This is the preferred choice of exhaust and one of the cheapest. Milltek is very expensive and these are the two people recommend.

sorted ill be ordering one soon as pos

:thumbup:

is ebay the best place to order??

Edited by flat2thefloor

I've said it before but modifying don't need to cost the earth

My mods : Dna remap for £100, built my own FMIC for £180, Replacement Ramair filter for £18, TIP pipe for £55 and Turbo back Blueflame exhaust for £200 (secondhand).

It doesn't have to be expensive, just keep a look out for secondhand bits and don't always assume expensive is best, although sometimes it is lol.

power wise either do just a remap or go whole hog with rebuild and bigger turbo as the in between steps are pointless and cost the earth. Gerry, Des, Stuart, myself and many others have done them and tbh the cost simply isn't worth it. £400 gets you from 180bhp to 210-215, then you spend a further £1500+ easy to gain another 5-10bhp, simply not worth it.

better brakes: stick to standard discs, uprated fluid and better pads unless you get some brembo'ap's cheap.

suspension: bushes are alright but unless yours are knackered i wouldn't bother, ARB's i can't really say on as my 4x4 came with a rear arb as standard and i haven't fitted my uprated ones yet :) but stiffer dampers wouldn't go a miss as it doesn't really need going any lower as you'll only hit speed bumps.

another great mod if you don't mind spending a couple quid is if your getting the clutch one get an LSD in there, power is all well and good but if you can't put it down then why bother?

HTH.