more piccies

Jonathan

Posted in this thread in error, sorry it should ahve been in your "tyres and Wheels" thread.

I think that the extra weight of the diesel cars means that there is perhaps a stronger anti roll bar at the front end. Certainly as I said previously reviews slated the 140 diesel's ride but said that the 170 was much better. Is the kerb weight of the 1.8 petrol close to the 140 diesel? Perhaps they have the same "softer" more bumpy suspension settings.

Edited by GrahamElegance

Agreed - very nice, Jonathan - and so familiar looking somehow ...!!:rolleyes:

Except my interior is boring old black.

I sometimes wish I had gone for the 170CR engine but it would have meant having to pay over and above my leasing allowance. Having said that I have all the power I need in the 140 - will be interesting to see if it beds down in time and economy improves - nowhere near my old PD130 Superb on economy, except going down hills in gear , where the Mk2 shuts off most of fuel flow and reads 200 mpg but the Mk1 didn't and only got to 199 mpg when out of gear and coasting down.

Anyone got experience of the PD140 engine and its "loosening up" time/mpg characteristics ? I am on extended servicing intervals so maybe the oil is higher viscosity and bedding-in time longer ?

very nice - is it anthracite or steel - looks identical to my anthracite model. Mine with black interior also though.

600 odd miles on mine now, and just done its first motorway run - unsurprisingly, that's where it excels - I found it a joy to drive, quiet, and very comfortable.

Question though - anyone else finding that with aircon on "auto" the windscreen fogs up a little, requiring a switch to manual setting directing flow to the windows.

In previous cars I've had with auto climate control, the standard, "auto" setting once the car was to the desired temperature was to direct the flow to the windscreen. Clearly not the case on the Superb

very nice - is it anthracite or steel - looks identical to my anthracite model.

now i know mobile phone pics are bad but do you really think it looks like anthracite ?? its way lighter !!

i admit some pics make it look like steel but it is SATIN GREY (the clue is in my signature...which i will change in a moment !)

in the flesh its very blue. in sunlight it makes you wonder why on earth they included the word "grey" in the name as its very clearly blue

jsut noticed some of my pics didnt upload correctly so will sort these out when i get home

Very nice car!

I note you've opted for a three spoke wheel, specified on my Superb II, albeit, minus the remote controls. Out of interest, do the steering wheel indents at 'ten to two' obscure any of the instrumentation? I suppose to some degree, this may depend on the height of the driver.

very slightly obscure the dials but then i have the wheel set to the bottom.

not an issue for the speedo as they only obscure it around 120mph !!

rev counter - i cant see the 3000rpm decal but i can see the needle . its a DSG so rev counter is a little pointless really !

update - the three spoke wheel doesnt obscure the dials anymore than the standard wheel - i had a look at the dealers today. It must be the position i put my seat / wheel in rather than the wheel. the bulges where your thumbs sit are more exagerated on the 3 spoke wheel but these do not affect the view of the dials

Looks like a similar colour to the old 'mystery blue' that didnt photograph too well either and always looked more blue than in 'real life'!

the pics that are on thier now are very representative of the colour. it is really very blue - more blue than we expected which is very nice

• 4 weeks later...