Alarm System for vRS

Nemtex

Just got my new toy :D:D:D:D:D:D

and I want to get an alarm for it......................

Any suggestions?? - I really want a decent Alarm, preferably a CAT1

I have heard you guys talk about a system that works off the existing keyfob and can close windows etc etc...

Thanks

While you are waiting for replies from any Skoda owners with Cat 1 systems, take a look at Security Systems and Devices in the Aftermarket Links on this website. (Click on the link below). You should find plenty of information there.

http://www.briskoda.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&req=viewlink&cid=25

• 2 weeks later...

Had this alarm fiited to my previous Octavia (it is a CAT1 alarm); operated the c/l off the alarm fob not the key fob. Not sure if you can do it the other way round.

Not much to say about it's operation really...never had any problems with it though.

Haven't had an alarm fiited to my RS.....didn't make a difference to my insurance. I got a Disklok instead. Considered a tracker but the saving in insurance was far outweighed by the cost of the device. Over 3 years I would have saved

How did I miss this one? Yes I have a CAT1 on my car. Taking to the dealer he suggested not going for the Scorpion one as it came with a second fob. The one he recommended integrated with the Skoda fob, Sigma M32, CAT2-1 upgrade. You could give Ian Bannings in Guildford a ring, they do good work on hi-fi and alarms. They also fit trackers, so I'm told. ;)

don't have an alarm on my car. was lucky enough to have a tracker system already installed when i bought the car.

sometimes think i should get a disklok to put off the opportunistic thievin' barstewards :x

Thanks Guys

[b:cb8912a8e1]TaviaRS[/b:cb8912a8e1],

I've been to Ian Bannings and they recommended the M32 as well. My only worry is that its a custom fit and therefore they could bodge the wiring. Very doubtful I know but I still prefer the idea of a Skoda approved jobbie.

Withams in Hersham, the Garage I bought the car from are looking into the Scorpion unit and they say it now works off the normal key fob. I'm waiting for their reply.

BTW [b:cb8912a8e1]Huck_B & SkodiRS[/b:cb8912a8e1],

Whats a DiskloK :? ??? Is it the Steering wheel lock that totally covers the wheel??

I've also been speaking to APR and they say they will have some new software toys comming out in January which might include the much debated engine lock program asked about on the Vortex forums :D:D:D . They might break in, but they'll never get away.......

Whats a DiskloK ??? Is it the Steering wheel lock that totally covers the wheel??

I've also been speaking to APR and they say they will have some new software toys comming out in January which might include the much debated engine lock program asked about on the Vortex forums . They might break in, but they'll never get away.......[/quote:8e37107eae]

that's the one. I'm also thinking seriously about the APR program when it gets here......

• Administrators

Nemtex,

Indeed I discovered this program on a cold November morning from the APR US guys who were over.

However good it is, there is always a method of getting your car. Now I am of the opinion that most theives will not go to the effort of having a low loader, but for the S4/S6 type of cars they might.

That said I will seriously consider this program and will approach a few insurance companies...who's with me?

Hi there.....

I've got the Scorpion Cat1 alarm on the RS, not bad money for a great alarm. I'd go for this system if the price is right, I know it's a plug in job on the Skoda wiring and I really rate the alarm, especially with the pain button on the fob........

I've got a Halfords steering wheel lock (half wheel size and

Doh!

Sorry for the monosyllablethingymajig. That has to be the longest word ever used on this forum. You can hear the cogs can`t you and you just know whats going to happen next.

Oh and denis you have got to co-ordinate, or so my wife keeps telling me. If you buy a new hand bag you have to get the shoes to match.

Black is the new Black.

Hi there.....

I've got the Scorpion Cat1 alarm on the RS, not bad money for a great alarm. I'd go for this system if the price is right, I know it's a plug in job on the Skoda wiring and I really rate the alarm, especially with the pain button on the fob........

[/quote:99591e0845]

Matt,

Sounds like you have the same alarm as me, I am sure when I first had the car if I unset/unlocked with the alarm fob without opening any doors the car wood relock after a while. This feature still functions with the OE fob but not the alarm one. The re locking delay with the alarm fob was longer however.

Does this function work on yours??

Sounds like you have the same alarm as me, I am sure when I first had the car if I unset/unlocked with the alarm fob without opening any doors the car wood relock after a while. This feature still functions with the OE fob but not the alarm one. The re locking delay with the alarm fob was longer however.

Does this function work on yours??[/quote:fb9f0453cc]

I'll try it tonight and post my results, I think it does but I'll confirm it tomorrow......

Matty

Tavia RS,

I gave Ian Bannings a call and they say there are problems getting the Alarm to work with the existing normal fob. I'm guessing your quite local as you know about Ian Bannings. Where did you get yours fitted?

I'm really starting to get fed up with this, I'm getting conflicting reports about the Scorpion from Skoda's head office, Scorpion themselves and My dealer :x:x:x

Not sure how much help this is but anyway....... :?

My RS had to have a CAT 1 alarm fitted - company policy - I can just imagine all these 1.4 Golfs with them (not that there is anything wrong with that - esp given the security of the locks...) anyway, I digress, the alarm is completely integrated with the normal locking system - one press to lock and one to open - I think it is a Sigma but not 100% sure.

Sorry can't be specific, but it works fine so I've not really thought about it too much

Cheers

I am not 110% sure of my work, I always say it worked for me it should work for you.

all i say about alarms (i was in the intruder alarm industry for 5 year's) is a pro will not be put off by anything (including tracker) if he wants it and can't find an easier target he will have it. and as far as i am concerned fine let him have it at least i know ill never see it again. Joyriders are a different matter do the slightest thing and it puts them off.

I have even seen a passat with a Skoda badge on (in Liverpool) no offence intended.

If it makes you feel happier fit an alarm. But 99% of the time a flashing led will do the trick to deter the "casual joyrider" nothing will deter the smash and grabber if he can see something he likes!

My 2 cents on alarm's

:)

• 3 weeks later...

PLEASE READ!!! Anyonone thinking of getting a Skoda Approved Alarm!

Got Skoda to fit the Alarm in the end. They convinced me it was better to have the approved 'plugin' system. WHAT A JOKE!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I could have got the same system for half the price and it would have probably looked better as well. I was told this sytem was tailor made for the Octavia. This, to me, suggests LED's in sensible places, Ultrasonics that are integrated into the existing mouldings etc etc. Again BIG MISTAKE. The Ultrasonics look more like a pair of tweeters than anything else! :poo: :poo: :poo:

I should have gone along with my first impressions and got the Sigma. :oops:

Oh and to top it off, bits of wire left lying around in the footwells, shavings of plastic where the holes were cut in the trim on the dash, floor and seats, a dent in the underside of the bonnet where the bonnet sensor was

sounds more like a laurel and hardy film. shame you had a bad experiance, i had a friend who had a dawoo that should have had a factory fitted alarm, it didnt and they retro fitted one, don.t want to worry you but the wiring loom on his car caught fire (behind the dashboard) on his way home from having the alarm fitted.

hope you get it all sorted

Rgards

Dean

James,

I can relate to a lot of your comments in this post, I had mine fitted from new although I would have prefferred a factory fit had it been available.

My experience was :-

1: Mark on headlining probably caused when fitting sensors

2: Trim screw missing were removed to fit alarm.

3. No user manual - demonstration by salesman who didn't really know about the product he was demoing.

I got the marks cleaned and the screw fitted on a return visit without hastle by my dealer and eventually managed to get a manual from Skoda Customer Services after a LOT of delay and HASTLE.

When I come to use my alarm when in Europe I woke up the residents of 3 hotels I stayed in with false alarms and have anoyed my nieghbour also with false alarms around 5am in morning (used to be ungaraged). I have lost full confidence in alarm. Which at