VRS as a Company Car

Hi All,

I already have a Mk1 VRS and work have offered me a company car which I am seriously considering taking.

I have looked through the lists of cars available and, havinf considered a C5 VTR+ and a V50 D5, my head and my heart keep coming back to the Octavia.

I am planning on the Diesel Extate VRS but would ask for peopoles opinions of the options:

Any options that I want on the car must be paid for out of my pocket so unless I want to pay £400, I either have red or white (v tempted with white although the wife says I'll look like an ADT van) to choose from.

Are there any "essential" extras that I should be looking to get, ie Maxidot etc?

Thanks for all your comments.

Mike

The parking sensors on the hatch IMHO are almost essential due to poor rear vision. However, since you are getting an estate this may not be an issue for you. I believe the new CRs have the climate control etc. as standard. Since it is a company car you will not be caring about resale so only pick the extra you will actually use. Maxidot, although cheap and looks nice only has a few extras on it so may not be worth it for you. Unless you plan on getting the factory sat nav or phone bluetooth. So may just be best to save your money and just enjoy the stock car.

Colour of the car is a personal choice, the white (in the pics I have seen) looks very nice but could be a pain to keep clean. Again since not interested in resale vale metallic paint will not be that much of a concern unless you hate the red/white. If driving a lot of miles with work then cruise control and xenons may be useful for you as they will at least have a practical application.

Hi.

I have the vRS as a company vehicle and the extras were chosen on a basis of what would I use? (the P11D value is a consideration)

I do about 50k miles a year and really pleased I chose the following; Sat Nav, Cruise, Xenons and OEM Bluetooth (via vRStu).

At the time of ordering, I got the foc upgrade; 18", Jumbo Box (although not a lot 'Jumbo' about it), Elec rears, Climate, etc.

All in all it is a fully functional package and I get the full use out of the extras.

I suppose it depends on the anticipated mileage and how much you want to pay in tax.

I chose mine as my company car and do 40-45k. This is the first car I have had with cruise and I use it every day so if you sit in the car on motorways for a good majority of the day then get this as a must.:)

I have reverse sensors and I'll agree it is very helpful in parking. I find my standard lights are actually quite good and I'm amazed how far the beem lights up motorway signs. Xenons would be better though.

All in all I am very happy with mine and chose this over mondeo and the other typical company cars. It's nice to have something to cherish and given the choice today I'd still have another one.:thumbup:

I have had a diesel vRS for my company car for the past two years now 80K on the clock never missed a beat,

I am waiting for delivery of a new white vRS diesel estate DSG 18 inch,Have a few modes planned black wheels,Black grill,private glass and I rep in Ireland so believe me the vRS is well tested,A great car much better than the Fords,Nissan's,Opel's,Toyota's I have driven.

I was lucky enough to be allowed to have a TFSI vRS as my company car, and other than the painful car tax that i have to pay i love every minute of it! I have just driven it to Denmark and other that the terrible weather not allowing me to give it some on the autobahn it was great. And im really please i bought the maxi dot off VRStu before i left and also had my local dealer fit cruise at the same time.

In short, if my company let me............ ill have another one!:thumbup:

Thanks for all the comments guys I've just been told to look for a company car. Head vs. Heart on the P11D, *I've put forward the Octavia vRS 2.0tdi 170 but were getting comparable Civic 2.2tdci quotes too.

I'm going to be doing 20k a year, With that mileage and cost of Petrol vs. Diesel, would a 2.0l TFSi be possibly cheaper to own? I've not looked at Petrol Quotes on Contract Hire.

Regarding the Options, Im forever buying 'Better' uprated headlight bulbs for my car, so maybe Xeons should be on the list. thanks for the tip on the Rear Parking Sensors, my Fabia is a tordle to judge when parking, and I DON'T want to be dinging a brand new Car. I can see the monthly costs getting larger though. Or does the residual value of the Options slightly counter-act?

James.

Edited by Jimb0

Deffon get xenons, they are SO MUCH better, I miss them from my previous St170. I wonder whether my Skoda lights are on sometimes compared to the xenons.

Reverse sensors are a big plus IMHO.

Deffon get xenons, they are SO MUCH better, I miss them from my previous St170. I wonder whether my Skoda lights are on sometimes compared to the xenons.

Reverse sensors are a big plus IMHO.

2009 spec vRS now come with the essentials of 18s and climate/jumbo/rear elec widows.

The two other options that IMHO that are essential (and I have them on my car) are Xenons (work out how much driving you do in the dark) and Rear Parking sensors (make parking soo much easier) and that little bit to set it all of; maxidot.

Over and above these, anything else is none essential and therefore less justifiable to the Company, unless SatNav will help in you're driving around the country; but then its expensive and hits you in the P11D.