calling all 1.8TSi drivers

dont know. I have turned this piece of info off in the maxi dot as I dont find it useful. To be honest I am not that fussed about economy - there is not a lot I can do about it is there . I drive pretty normally and the DSG puts me in the correct gear. Just curious really. Used to get about 34 average from the audi and 38 on a long run.

Looking at official figures, DSG figures tend to be about 2-4 mpg less than the manuals but better than an auto, make sure you have the box serviced at 40k or 4 yrs, I was in VW today having a chat about it, they mentioned the software upgrade but said if the box was serviced to shedule it is practically bombproof, and they've only ever had one in faulty and this one hadn't been serviced, cost is about £180 they told me.

sure you have the box serviced at 40k or 4 yrs, ......

cost is about £180 they told me.

For what! what can they do? oil change (filter if they have one) plus lubricate the linkages.

considering a main service on the skoda menu pricing is £160 i find it hard to believe a DSG box service will be £180.

its also not very helpful that the superb service schedule book is all in km and not miles !!! technically the DSG is to be serviced at 37 261miles !!! (60 000 km)

considering a main service on the skoda menu pricing is £160 i find it hard to believe a DSG box service will be £180.

its also not very helpful that the superb service schedule book is all in km and not miles !!! technically the DSG is to be serviced at 37 261miles !!! (60 000 km)

My quote was from a VW dealer, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

• 1 month later...

Just completed the first 1.000 miles. According to the trip computer:

Average comsumption: 32.5 mpg

Average Speed: 35 mph

(Approx. 70% highway / 30% urban)

I'd be over the moon with 30+ from the 1.8TSI in a Superb! It will get better as the engine loosens up too - about 30k and it will be just lovely.

The DSG is a peach of a box and generally very reliable. Don't give it too much abuse and get it serviced as per the spec and you won't go far wrong.

Is the 1.8TSI mated to a 6 or 7 speed in the Superb?

It's the 7 speed, although the final ratio of this 7th gear is more or less equal to my last car 5th gear (just under 50 km/h x 1000 rpm).

7th is a lot lower than 5th in my 1.8T passat. 70mph is about 500 rpm lower in the skoda

excuse me but my english is too worth and i don't understand what is the question?

i have a 1.8 Tsi with DSG7

if it's about how many kilometres with the tank? i don't care about this, i learned to drive my car, it's my first Turbo and my first DSG...

if it's about how many kilometres with the tank?

Under the circumstances I talked about in my post (average comsumption: 32.5 mpg, average Speed: 35 mph, approx. 70% highway / 30% urban), I'm running between 560 and 600 km a tank. I don't go too low on fuel, each time I refuel the car I fill the tank and it "drinks" about 50-52 litres. And it's also true that the fuel comsumption is getting lower with the mileage.