sun shades

Anyone bought any sun shades from uv car shades on flea bay,and if so how do they fit and what are they like,i think its the same co as palm automotive,grateful for any info as thinking of getting some.

Anyone bought any sun shades from uv car shades on flea bay,and if so how do they fit and what are they like,i think its the same co as palm automotive,grateful for any info as thinking of getting some.

As mentioned previously, I think by myself the ones from Palm are ones that sourced from OE sunshades. I have a set to collect today (palm ones), I will let you know how I get on with them.

I would be interested to see how the clips hold up when driving with the window down, perhaps you could report back James when you have tried them.

I also notice they are cheaper by going direct (rather than through eBay)

I would be interested to see how the clips hold up when driving with the window down, perhaps you could report back James when you have tried them.

I also notice they are cheaper by going direct (rather than through eBay)

they should fine, the frame of the shades is very taught. I never open my windows, I prefer to use the climate, so shouldn't be a problem.

E mailed palm today and they say fixing is self adhesive clips and clips that clip behind plastic panels.

did you not use adhesive clips.

E mailed palm today and they say fixing is self adhesive clips and clips that clip behind plastic panels.

did you not use adhesive clips.

No self adhesive clips for the Octy II hatbatch, all clamp on ones that fit under the 2 rear passenger door seals, and the ones for the hatchback fit underneath the plastic surround, they just rest there.:)

My sunshades arrived today and im very impressed with them. They took about 5 minutes to fit ,and look very professionally made. The only problem i had ,was the rear hatch cover came off, and its a pain in the *** to get back on again :thumbup:. By the way ,these were the ones from e-bay from Palm automotive.:thumbup:

Bought a set of these last week... Skoda Octavia 5dr 04- CAR SUN SHADES BLINDS TINT on eBay, also Other Exterior Styling, Exterior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 14-Feb-09 12:29:40 GMT)

Just fitted them this morning...took 5 mins as per instructions!

Looks good from the outside. Even fitted the rear window blinds even tho I have a roller sun blind that came factory fitted.

Will have to see what its like with driving with them in, ie windows down, visibility and how it affects the auto dimming rear view mirror and wing mirrors.

But so far so good :)

what Tomo1971 just said. Got mine from OESunshades and fitted them today - piece of cake, although I think the rear clips could be a little longer as they appear to pop out quite easily. I have spoken to the chap at OE (Stephen Giles) and he has the best customer service I have encountered recently and he is sending me out some longer clips to try. Can't recomment OESunshades enough!

EDIT: The rear blind I also believe is split to stop it sagging over time.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have any contact email for OESunshades, I tried the email they have on the on the site http://www.dpict.co.uk/web/oesunshades/contact-us.htm and I get a reply no such email address from there server. Or any other site I can buy them from.

thanx

Looks like OEsunshades has gone under or just disappeared tried googling and their sever is non existant however looking on fleabay recently i saw some for £87.99 and the seller has 99.5% positive feedback from 2400+sales

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-Octavia-Estate-04-CAR-SUN-SHADES-BLINDS-TINT_W0QQitemZ310157206221QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4836cf62cd

Hope this is what you want...I was going to buy some of these in the summer then the bloody recession took my job .....BUGGER.....now have to travel further for a lot less money but hey at least i got a job but little cash :-(

Edited by roynhayley