Glow Plug Light flashing on Fabia 1.9tdi

splocious

Cheers I will have another crack tonight before it gets dark lol, took it out a drive and it seems to of stop flashing so a dunno what's going on and my brake lights are fine! But now the light on the roof has stopped working dunno if it's a bulb or fuse how does the light on the roof come off?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Had a same problem, hooked it on VAG COM deleted fault, took it for spin, got back hooked on VAG COM - nothing came. Job done. Touch wood. Thought I'd need new set of glow plugs . . . . .

• 8 years later...
2 minutes ago, Interdiction said:

That site is dangerous ..I clicked on that with my mobile and it ended up subscribing me to some poxy scam ....Have a word with yourself for allowing this to happen 

That link was posted 10 years ago and is dead as fabia-vrs.com no longer exists.

You should have a word with yourself for allowing yourself for blindingly following a link and falling for a "poxy scam"...

1 minute ago, langers2k said:

That link was posted 10 years ago and is dead as fabia-vrs.com no longer exists.

You should have a word with yourself for allowing yourself for blindingly following a link and falling for a "poxy scam"...

So briskoda has been hacked and your ok with it 

11 minutes ago, langers2k said:

In what way has briskoda been hacked?

Use your phone and click on that link if you think its safe ..I was looking via my phone for help with the Coil light problem ..Clicked on the link and bam it signed me up to some scam called Zapwin .....How is that allowed on Briskoda ? 

• Administrators

I've hidden the link. Sorry you've had an issue with an external site.

Briskoda has not been hacked.

It's an old domain someone posted a link to many years ago. ( it used to be a good domain )

We allow people to post links to share information.

One could argue the internet is broken as this stuff is perfectly possible every day there is no way to stop it, just be prepared for it.

So how it's allowed? We don't check all links and we don't check all links every day for changes on pages. It's a near impossible challenge. 

I'd advise you to reset your phone and restore from a backup ASAP.

• Like 1

I too followed the link, soon came out of it though!

Is it usual for the management light to be on as well? jumped in it last night and it wouldn't start, showing flashing glow plug and steady engine light.

it fired up a couple of minutes later and ran fine. Checking now and the brake lights work fine, but the windows don't open, any ideas???

18 minutes ago, peterhen said:

I too followed the link, soon came out of it though!

Is it usual for the management light to be on as well? jumped in it last night and it wouldn't start, showing flashing glow plug and steady engine light.

it fired up a couple of minutes later and ran fine. Checking now and the brake lights work fine, but the windows don't open, any ideas???

Fault code scan

2 minutes ago, ColinD said:

I've gone through and removed the links I can find to the site directly. 

I've left the web archive links in place. Every link to every website is a risk.

Great way to spend a Saturday Colin, thanks for your efforts!

Thanks to Ignition Motorsport at Newbury for sorting this out.

The fault showed up as a engine speed fault, they cleared this and all lights are out and the problem has gone.

The windows were something else, dis and re connect the battery fixed this, something they had done before!