Some Bolero questions

Hello,

here where I Iive, the Superb Ellegance model comes with Bolero radio by default, being the Columbus an option. I don't think I need the Nav but I have some questions about Bolero radio, and I hope you can help me:

- Does Bolero show information about climatronic, park-assist (or parking sensors) and BT Premium (keyboard on Bolero display) in the same way as Columbus does?

- Does Bolero support 32GB SDHC cards?

- Does it support the upgraded sound system option?

- Where can I find the Bolero user manual in pdf or something similar?

Thank you very much.

Okay, some answers for you:

- Does Bolero show information about climatronic, park-assist (or parking sensors) and BT Premium (keyboard on Bolero display) in the same way as Columbus does?

Yes

- Does Bolero support 32GB SDHC cards?

Yes

- Does it support the upgraded sound system option?

Yes

- Where can I find the Bolero user manual in pdf or something similar?

I only have the Bolero manual in Czech, but if you PM me your e-mail address I'll send it to you.

Bagpuss.

In another thread there is mention of several people trying SDHC cards in the bolero with success.

Maybe there is a difference beween columbus and bolero, because one owner tried Transcend 16Gb SDHC-card in bolero and it works !! And I tried a 8 GB Sandisk SDHC card with bolero and it worked too. :thumbup:

I use a 8Gb SDHC-card, it works. BUT it takes ages to browse through all the music. I think I will use it for audio books and play the music from my iPhine over the AUX instead.

I would be interested in others experience on the responsiveness in handling SD/SDHC cards.

Yes, I know but I suspect that since officially the Bolero only recognices up to 2Gb SD (not SDHC) cards, it might be the Bolero unit that is the culprit. But if someone has a SDHC card that resonds/works fast in their Bolero unit I would be very interested to learn which card and the amount of files on the card.

I use a 16Gb SDHC in my Bolero - I find that it takes a short while to start on first inserting the card but thereafter, if I leave card in the slot (eg overnight etc) then it takes no real time at all to get going. I find it ideal as an mp3 store:D

I use that 16GB card not that much these days, because it is so very slow. Since I have that MDI now, with an iPod-adapter, it`s much more convinient, since there are no delays while using that option....and that capacity of 120 GB helps too....:P:thumbup:

Edited by Skoda-Man

Yes, I know but I suspect that since officially the Bolero only recognices up to 2Gb SD (not SDHC) cards, it might be the Bolero unit that is the culprit. But if someone has a SDHC card that resonds/works fast in their Bolero unit I would be very interested to learn which card and the amount of files on the card.

Support for SDHC is now officially part of the Bolero. Even if the manual still says different.

The Bolero is now based on the mk2 version of the VW RCD-510, which also had SDHC support.

Bagpuss.

Support for SDHC is now officially part of the Bolero. Even if the manual still says different.

The Bolero is now based on the mk2 version of the VW RCD-510, which also had SDHC support.

Bagpuss.

It might be official now, but that still doesn`t change the fact that it`s as slow as a snail....

:thumbdwn:

The faster card made a huge difference. I was wrong to assume otherwise. The time to browse the folders is now reasonable, still some lagging but not as glacial as previous card. I went from 6 to 15 MB/s max speed.

before you start screaming!! i have no clue with new tech...

quick guestion: in which devices do you insert the SDHC card in order to upload music from you computer? i guess one of the devices is the ipod...however which other can be used??

thanks in advance

You just need a computer equipped with a multi-card reader. Mine is two years old and has it.

Yesterday I bought a cheap (9 euros) 4 GB SDHC card, fully loaded it with over 30 music discs in mp3, and put it into my Bolero radio this morning. Everything perfect. I think next card will be 8 or 16 GB, depending on its price.

quick guestion: in which devices do you insert the SDHC card in order to upload music from you computer?

If you do not have it on your computer you should get a card reader. You would find it in the same place as the card (i.e. photo shop, electronics shop...).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

some people have reported that SD cards are slow to read in the Bolero (even Class 6 SDHC cards) and the navigation around the card is also slow.

For you who have the Columbus, navigation through the hard disk is faster than navigation through the SD card?

And this last question is for Baguss who has MDI installed. Navigation through something connected to the MDI is as fast as through the Columbus internal hard disk?

Thank you very much.

SD card navigation on the Columbus is just as fast as for the HDD.

I don't think that's anything to do with better software than the Bolero, simply that the Columbus is limited to 2GB cards, hence fewer files. I'm using class 4 cards, and I've never had a problem. When the card is first inserted, the Columbus appears to do some kind of indexing (which can take a little while if the card is full), then performance is fine.

As for MDI, then I've not got around to fitting it yet. I've got the bits, but just not had time to do the work.

I've heard that performance is comparable to the internal HDD, but will know for certain very soon. I'm just waiting on the USB cable to come, and then I'll be able to test it.

Bagpuss.