front fogs

Nope, the icon on the switch is illuminated though.

Thats what mine does, another pull and the rear fogs come on with the indicator on the dash.

:agree:

pull the knob out, the top one of the two lights next to the knob illuminates, but the dash light only comes on when the rear fogs are on. Pretty standard across VAG and Ford (and probably everything else too...)

It is really stupid that they couldn't be bothered to add a light on the dashboard. The bright green front fog light isn't visible on the knob because the steering wheel is in the way. But is does reflect annoyingly in the drivers' window (from where I sit right in front of the wing mirror).

Amazing really that will all their experience VAG still can't get some very simple things right... :( Still it is only a small irritation!

Edited by scouter2

IIRC the Fabia has an indicator in the dash so I'm not sure why the Octavia doesn't??

Yes i noticed this, also i'm sure my fabia vRS used to tell me when the washer bottle was empty. Now it's my wife who say's "oh yeah, i meant to tell you we'd run out of water when i had it yesterday" :mad:.

There was a little lit icon on the fabia dash and an alarm, is there meant to be one on the Octy?

Yes i noticed this, also i'm sure my fabia vRS used to tell me when the washer bottle was empty. Now it's my wife who say's "oh yeah, i meant to tell you we'd run out of water when i had it yesterday" :mad:.

There was a little lit icon on the fabia dash and an alarm, is there meant to be one on the Octy?

There is on our 4x4 but then we've got headlight washers and Maxidot which is probably why. If you haven't got the headlight washers the washer bottle is smaller and doesn';t have the level sensor from what I remember.

That's right, headlight washers = low fluid warning light and 1l bigger bottle. Xenons come with washers, too.

....and the washers only operate once to save water on more recent models. They next operate after the ignition has been turned off and on again (and with the lights switched on). Earlier models operate every time the washer switch is pulled.

....and the washers only operate once to save water on more recent models. They next operate after the ignition has been turned off and on again (and with the lights switched on). Earlier models operate every time the washer switch is pulled.

How early are you talking?? Mine only operate on the 4th pull when the lights are on. Mine is a MY2007.

Not on the two Octavias i've had they don't. They operate on every 4th wash - unless you switch off/on again, of course!

:agree:

pull the knob out, the top one of the two lights next to the knob illuminates, but the dash light only comes on when the rear fogs are on. Pretty standard across VAG and Ford (and probably everything else too...)

This is the first car that i've noticed this on - and i've driven a lot of motors. Then again i suppose maybe i just didnt put the front fogs on in all of them.

Pretty poor i thought - then again it's good to hear if its a VAG thing generally rather than just a skoda thing