Liquid Gauge

Guest westallc
Im going to put mine in my rear view mirror or sunviser as im not to keen on the vent jobbies, however that said if you could cover all the plastic in some carbon stuff to match the dash it would look better i think.

My car has been RR'd three times so also i'll get a pretty good idea as to accuracy.

dont forget you have to run a cable to the obd port under the steering :o

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest westallc
The vent ones are fine if they do not block the vent totally, which unfortunately it appears these do :(

yes mate they do if you can live without the drivers vent youl be okay :thumbup:

lex that one in the pic for race diagnostics is your one :D

dont forget you have to run a cable to the obd port under the steering :o

I already have a longer cable in the post :), I just feel alittle like being abit differant these days, the problem we have is that mostly our octys are one and the same, the modding path's we have to choose from are all very similer so i'll try and incorperate it somewhere differant, the rear view mirror option is my fav, i got the idea from the TT forum however I need to see how that might effect my MOT and such.

lol its because i have the black carpet out of an audi s3 and also have electric black leather recaros out of the s3 aswell :D

makes a huge difference :thumbup:

Off topic again, but how easy a fit were the electric leather? were all the plugs easy to locate or did you have to add looms? Leather is definitly one upgrade that I will be doing, S3 or Cupra!

Guest westallc
Off topic again, but how easy a fit were the electric leather? were all the plugs easy to locate or did you have to add looms? Leather is definitly one upgrade that I will be doing, S3 or Cupra!

your best bet is to pm fezboy he did it( its his old car) i know it was a pig the fitment is a pain having to take passenger seat out again and redo as its loose :thumbup:

Staying off topic after seeing your CAI Clive I went out and got a Pipercross PK7000 filter for my Ebay cheapy CAI and so now it's back on. When you drove off and I heard you dumping :eek: I knew straight away I missed that sound. :rofl:

Oh and I ordered some bonnet lifters off Ebay as well http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120363256259&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002 just hope they fit

Ian

Guest westallc

lol mate its good that noise i love it :D

have you put it on yet?? if so what did it sound like ???

are you still loosing the fuel lol :rofl:

and bonnet lifter lol they do look good and help

Guest westallc

well done that man i want to get some new wipers and those miltec grills :thumbup: the list goes on lol :D

school holidays oh what fun off to marwell zoo tomoz :(

Do these just have one cable, running to the diagnostics port then?

Looks pretty friggin sweet! Reminds me of having a little trip computer thing on my bike when I was a kid! Trying to beat my top speed all the time!

The gauge has a 6" ribbon cable from it and a connector plug which you connect the OBD line to which then goes straight to the port. No complicated plumbing :thumbup:

The gauge as it comes

attachment.php?attachmentid=25712&d=1227536197

the ribbon cable

attachment.php?attachmentid=25711&thumb=1&d=1227536197

Ian

Edited by Lex Dysia

Sounds like a good system that.

For some reason, I have this image of having the screen connected to some glasses, and you can flip it up and down! Just like a fighter pilot! Badass!! Haha

Anyway.....

What do you do about the piping to the air vent? Is hot air still running to the back of the gauge, or does the piping get removed? Would have thought hot air would knacker the unit.

I must admit these look great. Very tempted!

Tempted as well but the drivers side air vent comes in very handy when the window mists up :) maybe on of the middle ones :confused:

Is the unit constantly on when the ignition is on or can you turn it on and off as and when you want it? I wouldn't be too happy about it munching extra fuel if it draws that much power!

You still have the rear flap on the vent which stops hot/cold air getting to it.

It can be switched off anytime but I wouldn't think it draws much power anyway, certainly hasn't effected mpg...Well actually it did for the first few days with dyno runs, boost and MAF readings etc ;)

That looks like a awsome bit of kit.

This is the first time ive seen these, I must be out of touch.

I'm seriously tempted.

Is it touch screen?

Can you read the display in direct sunlight?

I assume it doesnt fit in the cubby hole under the stereo?

You still have the rear flap on the vent which stops hot/cold air getting to it.

It can be switched off anytime but I wouldn't think it draws much power anyway, certainly hasn't effected mpg...Well actually it did for the first few days with dyno runs, boost and MAF readings etc ;)

60mA (0.78W) when on and 90mA (1.17W) when accessing the data according to the manufacturer

Is it touch screen?

No it has a small 5 position joystick to the right of the screen

Yes you can read it in sunlight

You can mount it anywhere within reach of the lead. Some have talked of putting it in the sun visor.

Ian

(What happened to my last post)

That looks like an awsome bit of kit.

I've not seen this before. Don't know why.

I'm seriously tempted by this.

Whats the screen like in direct sunlight?

I assume it won't fit in the cubby hole under the stereo?

Guest westallc

the joy pad is connected to the unit but nothing is impossible.. can mount it anywhere you want tbo...

lex just book the car into the body shop to be done :thumbup::D

Octimark your post was there :thumbup:

That looks like a awsome bit of kit.

This is the first time ive seen these, I must be out of touch.

I'm seriously tempted.

Is it touch screen?

And this was my answer :D

No it has a small 5 position joystick to the right of the screen

Yes you can read it in sunlight

You can mount it anywhere within reach of the lead. Some have talked of putting it in the sun visor.

Ian

is the joystick attached to the unit? as i like the idea of fitting in the instrument cluster in the blank space in the middle. and having joystick somewhere else.

Joystick is attached so this wouldn't be possible, I like your thinking though ;)

Ian